How to improve love life

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

How to improve love life

Postby Divine_Beauty » 09 Jun 2016, 17:18

Hello everyone and good evening!! :-)

I have a question about 3 cards. What advice will you give a person with the question "how can I improve my love life?" if you saw reversed chariot, wheel of fortune and the strength card drawn out in that order but in no position?

I want to hear all thoughts. Thank you, and kindly appreciated!! xo
Last edited by Divine_Beauty on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Divine_Beauty

Re: How to improve love life

Postby Jan » 13 Jun 2016, 21:50

Whilst I do not regularly read reversals, the Chariot reversed indicates misdirected energies.....in other words, you're looking in the wrong place. Try analysing this observation and think about where the flaws might lie in your overall approach.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby Divine_Beauty » 14 Jun 2016, 01:53

Thank you Jan!!

What do you think about the wheel of fortune and the strength?
Divine_Beauty

Postby Aoibhegreine » 14 Jun 2016, 11:52

For me reversals are emphasied. The Chariot for me represents a search based on expectation rather than need if that makes sense. IE, I want tall, dark and handsome but need Strong, determined and kind. Sometimes we can be lead into searching for the right thing for the wrong reason or even thinking one thing is the right thing because it has elements of what we need. So as Jan said, looking in the wrong place. The Fortune means that everything has it's time. There is no point rushing, there is no point being in any kind of hurry. You will meet when the time is right and not a moment before. Strength is courage to be yourself and not to be something or someone your family or society expect. The only way that someone is going to love you is you show them who you are right from the start.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Divine_Beauty » 14 Jun 2016, 17:13

Thank you Aoibhegreine, what you wrote makes perfect sense. Thank you very much for your help, it's so appreciated!!

I did a more detailed reading using the spread "How to Meet the Right One" just to get a clear understanding on what needs to be done in order to find that "right one". I will put the reading below. All insights are appreciated. Xo

Am I ready to meet the right one - Knight of Swords
Where are we most likely to meet - Eight of Wands
What will be the nature of our initial connection - The High Priestess
What do I need to do more of to meet the right one - Four of Cups
What do I need to do less of if I wish to meet the right one - King of Pentacles
Show me something about them that will make them more recognisable when we first meet - The Lovers
Show me my first challenge while this new relationship is in the early stages - Ten of Cups
Divine_Beauty

Postby Jan » 14 Jun 2016, 21:54

I always really like to hear what the querent (that's you) makes of a reading...so....what do you reckon?

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby Divine_Beauty » 15 Jun 2016, 02:15

Jan, honestly from looking at the reading from first glance I was confused... Especially with The High Priestess coming up as the connection card. Also, the Ten of Cups through me off. I feel the right person will come when it's least expected and there are problems that needs to be dealt with in order for that to occur.
Divine_Beauty

Postby Jan » 15 Jun 2016, 15:24

I know what you mean about that Priestess card....it seems to argue with the position doesn't it? But I'd feel fairly confident of reading it as a pretty strong "gut" reaction at least in you - that strange feeling of destiny unwinding you know? She's deeply intuitive and insightful. What does interest me about that reading is the strength of defensive feeling emanating from you - the Knight, the 4, and then that 10...these all suggest in many respects you are happy as you are, and feeling pretty wary of surrendering your independence and sense of self in a close relationship. Even that King hints at being very self-contained.

I have to say I'm not wildly keen on that layout (with apologies to whoever designed it). There's no real fluency in the way it presents the cards is there? The positions are generally directly opposed rather than each leading to another....clunky...;-)

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby Aoibhegreine » 15 Jun 2016, 23:33

There is a quote that comes to mind: 'Stay single until someone actually compliments your life in a way that it makes it better to not be single. If not, it's not worth it'.

That's what I get from this reading. You want someone yes but you're not willing to settle. Again I get the feeling that this will happen when it's meant to and you'll just know (the Priestess and the Lovers) who the right person is. They'll click into your life so quickly you'll barely see it happening. For me the Ten of Cups as a challenge is where you will have to surrender parts of yourself to allow room for this relationship. It'll will be the breaking down of some walls and rebuilding of your life as a couple. To create the harmony represented by the ten you will have to be willing to be one half of a whole and to find a way to be individuals working as one.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Divine_Beauty » 16 Jun 2016, 01:55

Aoibhegreine, exactly!! I must admit you nailed it right on the head. I've been going over this reading since posting it. After confusion and trying to come up with what the cards were trying to tell me I finally figured it out. Thank youuuu so much. :-)) I love your insights you've given me. Not to mention the advice you've given me on an old reading about my ex!! I took heed to it and he is no longer apart of my worries. :-)) I've became much happier since then and it's through your advice that I made a step to FULLY move on. I want to thank you for your inspirational words that you have gave through helping me. It means so much to me, thank you again. :-))

Jan, thank you darling!! And that dorn High Priestess. Haha I actually happen to love the High Priestess though, but she sometimes confuses me (WELL ALL THE TIME). Lol :-)) Anyway, thank you again for your help!! Xo
Divine_Beauty

Next

Return to Tarot Spreads