Been a while- great cards mixed with 10 swords as outcome

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

Been a while- great cards mixed with 10 swords as outcome

Postby airbabygurl » 29 Jun 2015, 14:40

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted any readings, but this one gave me a tricky feeling when trying to interpret. I am starting a new job, career is pretty secure, I'm in a new apartment, and in a new relationship that is pretty serious. I did a general reading and expected to get the actions/situations of the short term future for me. A little confused on the final outcome card:

1- Present situation- Star
2- Obstacles- Lovers
3&4- Past events/foundation- 4 Swords, 9 Wands
5- Goals/Destiny- 6 Swords
6- Future- 4 Pentacles
7- Current emotions- 10 Cups
8- Friends/Family- Emperor
9- Hopes/Fears/Dreams- Hanged Man
10- Final Outcome- 10 Swords

For the past references- I obviously see my healing from my past extremes (past year has been devastating in certain areas) and my ability to cope and overcome (9wands).

The Star shows my hope in my current situation and obviously the lovers speaks of my new relationship/ or a big decision I may have to make in regards to my relationship. 10 Cups does represent how I'm currently feeling and the Emperor- possibly my new friends changing the way I see the world and/or my relationship (my feeling when I read the cards, my new guy has def made me see things differently). I always feel like the Hanged Man is urging me to avoid confrontation or going against the grain. I really think the 4 pentacles is telling me to stop overspending and tighten my belt so-to-say; I'm a little confused on the 6 swords being in the goals/destiny spot- is it telling me I'm heading for a calm future? Better future? Or that I should be trying to escape something?

Obviously the 10 swords is bottoming out, ending, martyrdom,,, which I don't want any of lol I was thinking that it could be an end to my instability and the "dawning of a new day" with everything going good- but that could be my optimism.

Like I said, the past year was very hard and I really don't want another disaster or unexpected tragedy. What do you all think the 10 swords could be at the end of all those good cards?
Last edited by airbabygurl on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
airbabygurl

Re: Been a while- great cards mixed with 10 swords as outcom

Postby Aoibhegreine » 29 Jun 2015, 14:59

To me this reads as a cautionary tale. The star is you rebuilding your life after the tower. In the Legacy deck the Star dances around a destroyed tower and this relevant here. The lovers to me means choice, but in this instance I think it means you're making the same mistake as before, not loving yourself. The 4 of swords is a card of rejuvenation and rest whilst the 9 of wands is the card nearing the end compelling you to go on. The 6 of swords is a card of journey but of running away and the 4 of pents is a card of hording but also of saving. The 10 of cups means happy ending, your wish fulfilled but that emperor to me means your family has somehow taken over somewhere. The hanged man is a card of being still, of being stuck somewhere until the time is right and the final outcome is rock bottom. You've gone through a lot and I think underneath it all you've not fully healed before moving forward. This is not a warning as much as a precaution not to over think or to worry. For now be that hanging man, live with what you have, enjoy what you have simply because you have it, it's yours but be wary of believing things are perfect or taking them for granted.

I hope that helps.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby airbabygurl » 29 Jun 2015, 15:17

That does help, thank you. I do agree with your thoughts of the lovers and all other cards for a that matter; I see the past cards as healing and me moving forward, but that lovers in the obstacles, I think you're right- I haven't learned some lesson. Maybe I was supposed to be alone for awhile after my last breakup. I do hope that this reading is more of a precaution than a warning as you stated; I do love myself but have not really been "single" and I think that is what it is referring to. Thank you so much for your insights!
airbabygurl

Postby Aoibhegreine » 29 Jun 2015, 15:24

You are welcome. All I can say is trust your gut. It is never wrong.
Aoibhegreine

Postby airbabygurl » 30 Jun 2015, 12:30

Aoibhegreine- You are correct- when I got home yesterday evening, I pulled out my cards to seek clarification on the 10 swords. I asked for clarification and 2 cards fell out of the deck- 10 cups and then 10 swords. Obviously that's no coincidence, as both of those cards were in my original spread, they're both 10s and complete opposite cards! My immediate gut feeling was that the 10 cups represents my current enthusiasm, and the 10 swords is the ending to my loneliness; once you hit rock bottom, only way to go is up. I get positive vibes and have felt great since the reading so I'm guessing that 10 swords can be a positive card. I'll update once some time has passed ;) things are looking up
airbabygurl

Postby Aoibhegreine » 30 Jun 2015, 13:15

good to hear. Yes, the 10 of swords is rock bottom and it's the best kind of foundation to have to build the life we want.
Aoibhegreine

Postby seedling » 01 Jul 2015, 19:00

Aoibhegreine wrote:good to hear. Yes, the 10 of swords is rock bottom and it's the best kind of foundation to have to build the life we want.
:amen:
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Return to Tarot Spreads