Celtic Cross

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

Celtic Cross

Postby seedling » 16 May 2015, 18:51

It's been a while since I've done a spread (observing thoughts and dreams more lately..)

Celtic Cross
1- 8 of pents
2- devil
3- queen of cups
4- 4 of cups
5- wheel of fortune
6- 9 of cups
7- 9 of clubs
8- lovers
9- queen of pents
10- hermit

My thoughts:
Starting a big task with enthousiasm (true, my blog..) NB: Stay responsible, dedicated & finish!
could be felling a bit lost or starting to break free; find balance in this turmoil.. choose wisely
trusting intuition will help with making dreams come true
When things no longer satisfy, find what you can change, and do so!
Dare to take steps, out of comfortzone and rise above yourself
Enjoy life and share that joy
Don't be stubborn 7 open up. move on!
Be ready to grow, choose wisely
you are not alone. seek your friends; cherish them and count your blessings
an introverted phase gives deeper insights and experiences; empty your cup so it can be filled!

curious what you make of it! :hello:
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Re: Celtic Cross

Postby Aoibhegreine » 18 May 2015, 13:24

Sorry for taking so long, got really busy.

Here's my take:

You've worked hard to get where you are and kept an eye on the devil. You've not allowed yourself to indulge but you've also not abstained too much either. I get a general feeling of change here but change governed by you. The 9 of cups in the near future, kept going after your dream it may just come true. (And it's amazing when it does). The 9 of wands is an indication you have the strength to get there so don't give up. It's gonna be tough but worth it.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby seedling » 18 May 2015, 15:53

sounds familiar indeed..
Thanx Aiob!
seedling

Postby seedling » 24 May 2015, 19:23

I did a new CC today.. Oh my, so many Major Arcane cards, 5 wow.. :hello:

1- XIV Temperance
Harmony is starting to show, body, mind, soul.. Leaving behind self doubt.
Find what works for you, look for opportunities!

2- II Magician
this harmony is supported. Dare to be you, share your thoughts, idea's, so plans can be made to realize them..

3- XVIII Moon
See yourself as you are, embrace all parts within yourself.. also the grey and black area's that ego can so harshly pinpoint..

4- XXI World
A start has been made to realize yourself..
Reinvent yourself, you are ready, you can do this!

5- 2 of cups
aiming at a loving and sympathetic reunion, a good cooperation, interdependentness
Take good care of yourself, foodwise and rest; meet people with openness and love, show your initiatives, dare to unfold!

6- Queen of wands
a selfconfident, energetic, independent woman is near.. Open hearted, willful, enterprising and spirited.
Discover your talents and qualites, don't overdo it.. Enjoy the simple life!
Though she could be kinda dramatic at times..

7- ten of wands
this all has taken it's toll, perspective could be lost. Bitten of more than you can chew..
See where you can ask help or delegate. No need to do all by yourself. Make use of offered help and possibilities.

8- Queen of cups
Trust your intuition and heed your dreams!

9- II High Priestess
Open up to inexplicable experiences, within or without.. Let your subconscious flow into your conscious.. Don't be afraid..

10- King of Swords
Use these elements above to make wise choices. Don't let ego hold you back. Be wise, conscious and just!
seedling

Postby seedling » 28 May 2015, 15:18

I have made an affirmation "page" for myself to use when i get tantrums from ego..
not knowing from what chakra the attack is from, i used all 7
Kinda like this one, but than by color..
I am AFFIRMATIONS.jpg

This morning when I woke up and started to observe my breath (be aware & in silence)
i noticed a little light coming up along my body, through the chakra's
bright white, slowly
i told myself to keep observing and breathing relaxed, nothing else..
(i was curious how high up it would go, for i have been noticing a journey along my chakra's
the last few months, attention higher from time to time. now at throat level)
it traveled along the throat to my brow..there it was and also some inches in front of my head..

now, later on in the day, i notice my head is actually rather quiet..
no constant chatter when i observe

Any one idea's what I've experienced?
is this ego lessening..?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
seedling

Postby seedling » 06 Jun 2015, 17:12

1- King of wands
to start out: feeling enough self confidence, acceptance and joy when it comes to richess and power.
I believe i can, chances of extensive self realization. Use that energy to your advantage.

2- is crossed by page of cups; opportunity arrises for something worthwhile or a reconciliation, expression of love. Expect to be met with understanding and support.
Open up to all kind of positive support and help.

3- basis is 4 of pents, a need to feel secure can prove hostile; it will block flow to want to control.
Ease into this. open up for exiting new times!

4- recently/cause, 6 of pents
being helpful, generous and tolerant and also being met with such regard.
Find people prepared to help in this. Talk about plans, y'might never know whence help comes from!

5- conscious goal, King of Cups
seeking union and transcendence. follow your intuition, pay attention to personal relationships and cultivate/deepen your knowledge of spiritual subjects.

6- near future, page of wands
more opportunities; a proposition.. dare to take the plunge, be bold and couragious, break through old daily habits.
Think beyond the box, let the idea's flow and flow..

7- my paradigm/perspective, IV emperor
Realistic, with longing for stability and certainty. Having a sober view, disciplined and responsible, able to aim energy at what i like. structure is starting to form.
Let it all happen and remember to remain focused on one (or very view) goal(s). Don't let energy and attention be dispersed..

8- others/influence, XIV temperance
Becoming clear, leaving behind self doubt.
experiment and stick to what works in your advantage; create and see opportunities!

9- Hope and fears, Queen of wands
a woman with self confindence, energy, independence; being open hearted, wilful and enterprising; be aware for inner drama though
discover and use your qualities without overdoing it. Simply enjoy life!

10- long term prospects, ten of pents
a period of security, stability and carefree daily living. Enjoying all aspects of life and own accomplishments. radiating that energy.
use the opportunities you see. you can do these daring tasks!
seedling

Postby seedling » 12 Jun 2015, 15:20

New CC
1- to start out: Death XIII
Parting and letting go. Decide to let go, don't doubt.

2- what crosses: Hanged man XII
When there is stagnation, flip your view and try to see it from another perspective. Relax, forcing things won't work.

3- Unconscious base: six of swords
There is change, better be curious (stead of scared or anxious). Let go of the old.
Relax and breathe!

4- Recent past: Ace of wands
Willing to take chances, being spirited, ripening, developing wilpower, confinction and moral power
Focus your attention!

5- Conscious level, your goal: XIX Sun
Warmth, optimism, joy of life. Growth and blossoming of our sunny nature, our true self
Put idea's into action, they will bare fruit.

6- Near future: Ace of Pents
Vertile ground that will bare fruit, tangible results. Pay attention.
Enough pondering, put your idea's into action!

7- How do I look at it all: 5 of wands
a challenge, put in all your effort and enjoy it in the mean time.
You can accomplish your idea's. Discover your worth!

8- Surroundings, influence: Page of wands
a chance given, an interesting impuls. It will take courage and bravery to break through daily habit..
Think beyond accustomed paths, let your idea's flow..

9- Hope & fears: four of pents
need for security, which implies resisting life's flow..
Loosen up, exciting things ahead!

10- where it leads to: nine of swords
a time of processing, mourning
Relax into this proces to speed it along; heal old wounds.. Than you can relax an breathe freely sooner ;-)
seedling

Postby seedling » 05 Jul 2015, 20:56

Drew a new CC, on how my work for the blog is going:
1- Startingpoint, page of pentacles
A chance in earthly matters, which is doable and descent. Be relaxed and practical, not reckless. Find out where you stand.

2- What crosses, queen of wands
discover your strengths, as for confidence, energy & independence. Queen of wands is openhearted, wilful and enterpricing, still can also be a drama queen..
enjoy life, though uncomplicated!

3- Unconsciousl level, ten of wands
feeling low, there has been a big of a demand. having lost the bigger picture. Tasks and responsibilties grow over y'head.
See what you can delegate. Do use help being offered too/

4- recente past, Ace of cups
a bigger luckcard. showing grand potency, showing joy, gratefulness and satisfaction about worldly life, like deep happiness of being one.
Enjoy& open up. Have faith, you are spending time in things worthwhile of your time & attention.

5- Conscious level, 3 of cups
again joy, gratitude and no worries. Having achieved or reached something worthwhile & being happy about/for it.
Trust that all will fall into place; let others share in your joy

6- near future, XI Justice
a great measure of responsability is being shown. Honest business and due reward.
analyse, observe yourself and evaluate yourself and be honest doing such..

7- questioneers views, 8 of pents
start of big expextations, the trainee is starting an ardious labour, being motivated and enjoying it, even though it can be a bit much from time to time.
be aware of responsibilities, you started, finish too. with dedication and endurance.

8- environment, 6 of cups
our past, memories, dreamy, romantic or nostalgic. harder to be businesslike and focused.
Utter your wishes and longings, be playful and don't worry weather you are being realisitic or not

9- Hope & fears, 8 of swords
an important part within hasn't come to fruition yet, inhibited and blocked. noticing a yes, but..attitude. the only thing that is actually holding us back..that attitude.
mix a bit between pampering, applying will and motivating yourself. Open up to your own needs.
Probeer een juiste combinatie te vinden van jezelf verwennen en jezelf stimuleren. Sta open voor je eigen behoeften.
As Jan says: inner inbalance. if you're giving yourself a hard time, then accept what is happening and drop the project for a short time, delay making the decision - in short, stop banging your head against the wall! Sometimes this kind of interference is exacerbated by astrological or lunar phases - so let 7 days pass by during which you do things which satisfy you, which flow easily, and which help you to rest. Then come back and tackle the original matter again.
Whatever the source of the problem is, the message of the 8 of Swords is clear. Don't rush to fight with things that are not currently going your way - you'll almost certainly fail. Go and find something else to do instead. There will be a better time to deal with the things that are in your way today. Don't waste your energy hacking away at something that may be better cleared up tomorrow. Don't frustrate yourself by banging on a door that just will not open. Rely on the idea that things will ease off, and that you will deal with them better for not having wasted hours on them today!
Affirmation: I skilfully direct my energies into the things that will make most difference.

10- long term prospects, 4 of wands
peace, opening up and being able to enjoy life. Fun, relaxation and joy, feeling connected in our contacts.
Listen to ideas and advice of others. No need to think of everything alone. (dare to) Use and apply others knowledge and wisdom.
:hello:
seedling

Postby seedling » 27 Aug 2015, 20:06

It's been a while..
blog/website is online now :yahoo: so I have new things to do as for work ^-^
Highly greatful for a dear friend who is helping out ( a lot) :hello:

I drew a new CC spread, to see my present proces:
1- VII Chariot
Moving into new territory, going my own way. Now it is up to me to make things happen.

2- 4 of Cups
there are unsatisfied feelings, not daring as yet.. Do not fall back into procrastination, accept my need for change and follow my heart: Carpe Diem!

3- King of Wands
Selfesteem, acceptance of life & enjoying riches and power: belief in my own abilities and self development.
Time to use the energy I emit. Trust the impression I leave on others is a good one!

4- Knight of Cups
Opportunity for a loving, peaceful atmosphere & good mood. Harmony & agreement, romantic dreams & loving feelings.
Discover & acknowledge my true longings, to acknowledge not being happy presently and it is time to change myself. Let that be stimulus for action & take control of my life!

5- 8 of Cups
One of the 3 transitory cards; Goodbye/Move cards; a goodbye with a heavy heart.
Leaving behind known territory & dear people..
Distanciate from what i was attached to, even if it is so dear.. No need for cold heartedness, it's ok to show how this affects me!

6- VI Lovers
a foundation of self confidence is developing, which enables me to look at my surroundings objectively. Familiar secure situations can cause friction now, teaching me I've outgrown that security blanket.
Open up to this growth proces, let things sink in.. take my time & don't rush descissions

7- XVI Tower
Having outgrown certainties; new ideas arise shattering old thoughts. This can be unsettling, but eventuelly it is good to get rid off the old luggae!
go with the flow, do not resist.

8- XVII Star
plans that reach far into the future, though I will truly notice such in hindsight.
See positive changes; acknowledge your ideals & open myself to them.

9- XVII De Maan
Hopes & fears spot is represented by.. hopes &fears.. hmm, feels like 'Fear of fear" which is 'Ridiculous!' (Yes, Harry Potter fan ;) )
Face my fear & do it anyway! Take a good look in the mirror & face the truth!

10- 7 of Wands
Feeling of antagonism, goed prospects, though stay alert. Constant Vigilance!!
I've earned my succes, take every step even that last one to achieve my true goal. GO FOR IT; i CAN do it!!

-----
A positive spread; loads of Major Arcana; which are actually highly subsequent.. is that significant?!?
seedling

Postby seedling » 27 Sep 2015, 11:31

1 starting position - 3 of Cups
Joy, carefree, gratitude. We have achieved something great and are happy about it
Trust everything will fall into place. Share your joy with others!

2- what crosses (obstructs or aids along) Knight of Cups
A great opportunity ahead, open up mind and heart!

3- underneath: Queen of Swords
Use common sense to solve any problems and come to higher insights.
really listen to listen as for others perspective, keep communication open & use common sense!

4- recent past: III Empress
creative force, growth and fertility, resourcefulness and wit.
Enjoy these gifts, accept being loved and likes; reload on such energies, engage in fun things and pamper yourself (or let yourself be pampered :grin: )

5- at a conscious level/aim: 5 of Cups
Sorrow, something precious has come to an end. Console yourself and try to observe what goes on inside. What did you losse and more importantly: What is still in your life?

6- Near future: Knight of Pents
Another sign for opportunities, with a sturdy (earth) base: concrete, managable and sound.
Don't be recless; steady your pace and dilligintly move on; make sure you have clarity about your circumstances

7- Own paradigm: 3 of Pents
hard work paid off, show the world what you are worth, you can be proud of what you have accomplished so far.

8- Your environment: XVII Star
Far reaching goals, unfatoomable at this stage, only in retrospect.. one of the 3 protector cards as for succes
Try and see the positive developments; get a clear view of your ideals and open up!

9- Hope & fears: XII Hanged man
Time of passiveness, more or less forced. Try and put you thinking upside down and gain new perspectives, it will help solve problems. Do not struggle.

10- Prognosis: 3 of Swords
A painful experience. A heartwrenching decission made, which can either be just or unjust. Don't repress emotions..

:amen: :hello:
Overal good cards, nice opportunities.. but also some tough changes ahead, what I see so far.
Anyone else care to share their light?
seedling

Next

Return to Tarot Spreads