Waited a month... Great Cups mixing with 10 Swords?

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

Waited a month... Great Cups mixing with 10 Swords?

Postby airbabygurl » 14 May 2015, 12:41

Good morning all!

I took a break from reading my cards (*thanks to all who helped me get through the other readings and my emotional craziness). I'm feeling much better, the past month, I've dated, nothing serious but I do have 1 guy I like more than others, work and school are great... so I woke up this morning with a feeling that I needed to read my cards. I was going to wait until the end of May,,, but the reading I got is quite confusing, to say the least. While I'm usually very intuitive about my cards, this one is a little "extra"; would love you alls thoughts and feelings (plus, I love reading new perspectives on how the cards combine together to tell a story, that's the great part of this forum!)

Current position- 3 Swords (Not sure why, I'm not feeling the loss from the separation of my last breakup and have been feeling extra positive this month)
Obstacles: 2 Cups (Partnership? New agreement/relationship?)
Past foundations: Knight Cups & Strength
Goals/Destiny: Queen Pentacles
Future: 10 Swords (What the what?? Unavoidable disaster? How does this mix with the Q of Pentacles and 2 Cups?)
The Querant (me): Page Cups
Friends/Family: 5 Wands (disagreements? misunderstandings?)
Hopes/Fears/Inner Emotions: The Fool
Final outcome: King of Cups

I've looked at some card combinations to try and interpret the reading better: the Fool plus 10 Swords seems to stand for the bottom being reached, fate was thrown into the unknown, and now the true adventure of living and recovery can begin. 10 Swords plus strength- the valiant fight I was just in was a loosing battle (previous relationship and breakup) but I will get up to do battle again. With the King of Cups as the final outcome, blessings of peace and calming life experience, I'm interested to know what the 10 swords could stand for? Thoughts and perspectives appreciated! Blessings and love! :good:
Last edited by airbabygurl on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
airbabygurl

Re: Waited a month... Great Cups mixing with 10 Swords?

Postby Aoibhegreine » 14 May 2015, 12:51

Wow. Are you sure you're not reading for me? I had a very similar reading not so long ago and the 3 of swords followed me for a bit until I understood.

For me, the 3 of swords was not grieve or sadness, or even betrayal or anything like that. It was simply discontent and disconnection with life. I felt like something was missing and it made me feel down and depressed. Like you there were no obvious signs of the traditional meanings but yeah, it came down to a discontentment with me and where I was. And the reason leads into card 2, the 2 of cups. I was depressed, sad and unhappy because I was disconnected from the universe and myself. I needed to work on that relationship, the one with me and my place in the world for me and me alone. The rest don't really say anything to me but that 10 of swords is a case of sort this out or we will kind of card If you continue on this path this is the only outcome we can give you but if you follow the fool and embark on a new path for just you and embrace all you are and all you want you can be happier.

Sometimes the issues are not obvious but the cards are pretty accurate.

Good luck
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby airbabygurl » 14 May 2015, 13:39

Aoibhegreine, thank you for your comments! Interesting that we had similar readings; I'm glad you found out what yours was referring to. For me, I feel very connected to the universe at this point. I understand my recent breakup was "meant to be" and I'm not stuck or focusing on the past. I feel content with the way my career is going, my school, the only "not content" portion is my emotional life but I have come to accept that I need to take a break and relax my emotions. Not rushing into anything, not focusing on Men; trying to find hobbies for Me. So I'm not sure how the 3 swords or the 10 swords meshes... it's going to be interesting to see hindsight, I'm just hoping and praying I don't have some horrible disaster. I don't think I will since the King of cups is the final outcome; just makes me nervous to see that 10!
airbabygurl

Postby Aoibhegreine » 14 May 2015, 14:58

Yip, I thought the same thing until it all changed. What I 'thought' wasn't real as I discovered when it happened. Obviously my issue was different but it's going to be something vague that you think you're ok with that you won't realise until it all changes. The other thing with the 10 of swords is that it's rock bottom so the only way is up. All in all it's not a bad reading, in many ways it's positive. Just be prepared for a few eye openers.
Aoibhegreine

Postby airbabygurl » 15 May 2015, 12:24

Aoibhegreine, it is always interesting to see the little meanings after the fact. Especially for me this year, the cards have told the story and helped guide me into making better decisions, but when I didn't listen to their "advice" I sure did get the unexpected!

After sleeping on it, I had a thought come to mind this morning; I'm still learning much about the cards but one thing I know for certain is to trust your intuition when you read them. The thought that came to mind was: could the 10 swords represent an ending? Even in a positive way? For example; since there were so many positive cards surrounding it, could the 10 represent the ending of the "crisis" or the ending of the "rock bottom"? It has been a very dramatic and changing year for me thus far; for whatever reason I woke up feeling like the "rock bottom" or loss/pain that I've experienced this year is finally over or coming to an end?

I agree as well that often times, we think we're doing what we're meant to or think everything is fine only to have the rug pulled out so we can see what we were truly missing!
airbabygurl

Postby Aoibhegreine » 16 May 2015, 13:51

Absolutely! Heck, I got the Tower. Talk about unexpected but good, it's lead to some amazing things.

The 10 can mean an ending, definitely. I had the 10 come up in a similar situation where it meant 'You've had the worst already'. I will say, for me, the 10 of swords connects more to the tower than any of the other 10's as they both mean some form of change or issue. When we get the 10 of swords we've felt the pain of each dagger as it's lodged in our world and then we've had the struggle to remove those swords but there are now no more swords. We've dealt with them, we've grown stronger because of them and now where we go is up to us. What we had is gone, what we create now that's a whole other conversation.
Aoibhegreine

Return to Tarot Spreads