New love reading- so MANY court cards??

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

New love reading- so MANY court cards??

Postby airbabygurl » 21 Apr 2015, 13:39

Good morning everyone!

Thank you for all read and those that posted to my previous reading. Coming here to get new perspectives has helped me really delve into tarot and gain new insights; so I appreciate every thought or feeling that comes while reading the spread. I try to do a full reading once a week to see how I'm progressing during this transition in my life. My previous posts discussed my recent break-up (Feb) and me starting to date again,,, in my last reading, I continued getting Death (and/or Tower) in my obstacles position but today, my reading is very different and interesting! I know court cards usually represent people in your life (or in your mind/heart) that has some influence.

My concentration while doing the reading was on my current and near-future emotional life. I usually have my own interpretations of the cards but these have stumped me quite honestly:

Present position- 5 Swords
Obstacles- Judgment
Past influences- King Pentacles, Ace Pentacles
Goals/Destiny- 10 Wands
Future- King Wands
Myself- Queen Swords (true, getting over the relationship? not looking at the problem? )
Friends/Family- 7 Wands
Inner emotions- Knight Cups
Final outcome- Queen Pentacles

With so many wands and Pentacles, I'm surprised this was a reading about love/emotional life.
With the strong Pentacles in my past position, I take that to mean the foundation of my current life came from material success/strong character. I'm not sure about Judgment being an obstacle, possibly a big decision to make? With 10 wands in my goals position, I take that to represent me working hard at what I want,,,, I've always felt like 2 court cards together (King and Queen of X) represent a soulmate match, or strong relationship. So given that I have the King and Queen of Pentacles, that came to mind, although they are far apart in the reading.

I would love some other insight and as you all know it is extremely hard to read for yourself because of the personal biases; I try to keep them to a minimum but it's hard to understand what the cards want me to know. Hope all stay blessed!
Last edited by airbabygurl on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
airbabygurl

Re: New love reading- so MANY court cards??

Postby Aoibhegreine » 21 Apr 2015, 14:20

The 5 of swords is a card of battle, but not in terms of victory or success but that of pain and loss. Victory comes at a price and this card asks you to consider if what you are fighting for is really worth what you will need to lose. Judgement as obstacles tells me you are not heeding your true calling. This card tends to come up when we are focused on one thing but not on where we should be. I had this card come up a few times along side the Tower. It says: 'Heed my call, find your truth and follow your true path'. And believe me the universe is not joking around when this card comes up. The king and ace of pents to me is a form of full circle. I'm not great with courts so I tend to skip over them but this guy is the provider. He's all about success, comfort and the need to provide for yourself. The ace of pents tells me there is an opportunity for you to do this. It's the need to provide your own security that's lead you here. What's interesting is that whenever I asked for clarification on Judgement I got the Ace of wands or the ace of pents. The ace of pents referred to my talents and now i can see it related to my business. Now this is interesting the King of Wands is the leader of the pack, he's the minor Emperor. He is the entrepreneur, the go getter and the man in charge. Could this mean you need to consider starting your own business? Is this something you've considered before? The Queen of Swords is one smart cookie. She knows what's up and what needs to be done and will do precisely that. She's not one to let emotion get between her and the solution. She knows that emotion has it's place but to move forward requires planning and precision. This is who you need to become. The 7 of wands is another card I know well. It's a card of sticking to your guns and going after what you believe in, regardless of the fears of others. i think I've told you about how my family were pushing me to do something that I knew wasn't right and so I stood my ground, I fought them off and now I've succeeded they understand what I was seeing and why I was right. It's not easy, in fact it was one of the hardest things I've had to endure because I ended up standing alone with no support and a whole lot of people waiting for me to fail. I know they wanted what was best for me but it hurt that they didn't trust me to know what that was for me. The knight is not one I'm familiar with but that queen of pents she's a nice one. She enjoys the riches her hard work has brought her without the need to gloat. She also gives back to others. She is a card of comfort and enjoyment.

I hope that helps
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Jan » 21 Apr 2015, 17:23

To plug the holes then? ;-) Whilst I agree broadly with Aoib's view of the Queen of Swords as the strong and self-reliant woman I do actually feel like this presentation of her tends toward your sense of loss right now. Often when this card is representing you, you will tend to be quite centred on your own hurt, and maybe not taking the best notice of what is going on around you. Right now this is likely to backfire on you if you are not keeping an eye on everyday life. I think that King Wands is an external influence you will come into closer contact with shortly (meaning you already sort of know him). He's a wise advisor...well worth listening to. Knight of Cups there is probably warning you to try to keep your emotions under control (but not suppressed) so that you can get a slightly more practical grip on life.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby Seraphina » 21 Apr 2015, 18:10

Hi
I have looked at your reading, but at the moment I would have to agree somewhat with Jan and Aoibhegreine's views, but I will say this, having interpreted a reading for you recently, it seems your emotional state and future is beginning to take precedence to the here and now and learning lessons from the recent past..

personally, and this is just my opinion, I think you would be far better doing a full reading for yourself monthly, rather then once a week, seeing as your questions are kind of similar, not a lot can change in a week..
I think your trying too hard to find answers in too short a space of time, no wonder your finding the cards somewhat confusing :confused: you have been through quite a lot of emotional upheaval and I understand you want to know about how things are going to be for you in the future, but IMHO weekly full readings probably won't clarify much, and may just frustrate you!

Perhaps you should consider a smaller spread and one that is a little more structured? Just a suggestion :)
There are some excellent spreads here on AP that you might find useful..

Seraphina
Last edited by Seraphina on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Postby Aoibhegreine » 21 Apr 2015, 18:40

I agree with Seraphina. The one thing I will advocate when in pain, during uncertainty and definitely lost is to practice patience and trust. Trust that there is something worth finding and then patiently work towards creating it. It really is one step, one day at a time. You can scream and shout and cry and yell at the Universe but you can never rush it.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby airbabygurl » 22 Apr 2015, 11:27

Wonderful insights and I agree with all of you. It has been a huge upset in my daily life and routine; I went from readings a few times a year, to monthly and now weekly. So much as changed; and Serephina, my weeks change constantly! While there is so much going on in my career, school and living arrangements, the hurt you all talked about is definitely present and making me focus on the upcoming emotional aspects rather than my day to day life and other important things that I need to focus on. I appreciate you all's thoughts and perspectives and agree that I need to take a step back and look at the hear and now.
airbabygurl

Postby Jan » 22 Apr 2015, 17:53

I think that is a very wise decision. Emotional hurt...especially when you do not fully understand how it happened...can be all-consuming.

I have this thing I do myself and advise others to do, when they feel as though they are being swallowed live - firstly let yourself fall into it completely, and write down every passing thought, feeling and hurt you experience - do this for one hour - whole-hearted indulgence in pain, then every time you find it there in your mind, holding your thoughts back, go and do something. And do that something until it suddenly dawns on you that you haven't thought about "it" for five minutes. And then do it again....and again. Do this determinedly for four weeks (a moon cycle) and then stop and allow yourself a couple of hours to jump right into that morass of feelings. Write down what you find yourself thinking, and apply no restriction nor restraint (even if you do end up wailing like a babe). Compare against what you wrote down the first time (and do not under any circumstance read your first words until you have done all this). And once you have done that, rinse and repeat. Stages of healing ;-) Charted by your own words.

You'll be very surprised how far you can travel in 28 days.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby Seraphina » 22 Apr 2015, 19:29

Hiya,
Sorry, I didn't explain that very well, I was talking about your feelings and emotional hurt not changing in a week, not the normal day to day practicalities of daily living lol

I think Jan's advice is excellent, wish I had had that advice 5 years ago when i was going through a real tough time.. I'm going to copy that though just in case I need it in the future! Thanks Jan! :grin:

Take care airbabygurl, things will get better, you'll see :)
Last edited by Seraphina on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Postby Jan » 22 Apr 2015, 20:09

There's a magickal bit sitting behind it too...the Moon rules our most basic feelings and responses....the 28 days guarantees the Moon is in a different sign, and ruled across New and Full by a different energy. we do not necessarily notice these things in everyday life....that does not mean they do not have an impact. Also when you think about it, it's really hard to remember how you felt deep down 28 days ago. This is one reason I keep a journal....

It's very helpful to be able to see ourselves growing and changing. and in fact very helpful if we discover we are stuck in the same old rut as well...it can be shocking to discover that...and yes....I have ;-)

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby airbabygurl » 15 May 2015, 12:27

Thanks ya'll :) You guys are awesome! Love reading all the posts in here!
airbabygurl

Return to Tarot Spreads