Been a week- New reading :) Death???

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

Been a week- New reading :) Death???

Postby airbabygurl » 15 Apr 2015, 14:20

Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed reading these forums and thank you for everyone who read my tarot reading and those that commented their thoughts! I did the reading last week (April 9) and wanted to do another today to see where everything was going. I have come to terms with the breakup (discussed in my last post) and am feeling so much more positive and excited about the future! Then I got the death card today lol and my intuition made me feel happy about it, not necessarily worried about it. While I automatically cringed (and still feel a bit of anxiety)over the card, I do not foresee a disaster, I foresee a change (*** Please note: I have done more specific readings, 1 card mostly, up until today and have gotten both the Tower and Death this whole past week). I did my general reading today and here is what I got:

Present situation- 7 swords (I'm single by the way and dating)
Obstacles- DEATH (Ohhh boy)
Past foundations- High Priestess, 9 Wands
Goals/Destiny- 2 Cups
Future- Emperor
Present feelings- Queen Swords
Friends/family- Page Cups
Hopes/Desires/Fears- Knight Cups
Final Outcome- Ace Swords

Well,,, this just got interesting! While I understand the Past cards (patience, understand was required, I followed my intuition and then the struggle of my recent breakup) The DEATH, 2 Cups, Emperor and Ace of swords have me confused! I don't think it is just referring to my love life, or my career (thinking of changing jobs, but stable career). I'm interested in how anyone else can see these... need an unbiased opinion!
Last edited by airbabygurl on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
airbabygurl

Re: Been a week- New reading :) Death???

Postby Aoibhegreine » 15 Apr 2015, 19:28

I get the feeling that Death is there to say you're not changing your ways. You might think you are but you're not and the tower is there to remind you that change will come by your choice or by the will of the universe. And believe me it does.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby airbabygurl » 16 Apr 2015, 13:29

Aoibhegreine wrote:I get the feeling that Death is there to say you're not changing your ways. You might think you are but you're not and the tower is there to remind you that change will come by your choice or by the will of the universe. And believe me it does.

Thank you for your thoughts! I'm not sure which ways I should be changing or what message I'm not receiving. There is really nothing in my life that hasn't been completely or drastically changed over the past year, and I'm not one to fight change, I usually embrace it. My most recent breakup was a hard change to accept. But I'm not sure why Death would be an obstacle in that situation,
airbabygurl

Postby Aoibhegreine » 16 Apr 2015, 19:40

And there in lies the problem. Maybe a story will help you to understand.

Like you I was in a situation. For me it was long term unemployed trying everything I possibly could to break the cycle and yet I kept pulling the Death and Tower cards. For the life of me I couldn't see what I could do to change because I was doing everything I could anyway. Only, I wasn't. I was so focused on the struggle I forgot the reason for the struggle and in doing so my view had become skewered. Then one day, after a particularly nasty interaction, I walked home pissed off, royally angry and on the way home the tower popped into my head. In that moment I made the decision to burn my world to the ground and to rebuild how I see fit. So I made a start, I took everything apart, I reviewed every relationship even the one I had with my mother and I decided if I wanted it or not. If I decided I didn't like it or I didn't want it it either went or an ultimatum was issued. Yes, even to my own mother. Then unexpectedly my benefits claim was closed and the moment, the second I read that I can't describe the feeling of euphoria. In my minds eye the black shield I had been cultivating blew apart and I knew, I knew things were different. I was finally letting the universe in and all my spells were coming together in that moment. 8 days later I had a job, it's only temporary but there is potential and they really seem to love me and have made it clear that the agreement was that I cover the PA for one week a month for the next 6 months.

So my advice is to let go, to follow the advice of the tower and be the change you want. You don't like something change it, get rid of it, adapt it. And if these cards keep coming up then know that you have NOT considered everything even if you think you have. You are at the start of a new phase of your life, it's up to you to decide what you want to do with it.

hope that helps.
Aoibhegreine

Postby airbabygurl » 17 Apr 2015, 11:40

That does make sense, and I'm excited to read your story and very happy it worked out for you!! I re-read my cards today and got the TOWER again! Only this time, the TOWER was in the "GOALS/DESITINY" position,,,, so it fits into your logic that I need to embrace the Tower. Thank you, I really appreciate your thoughts!
airbabygurl

Postby Aoibhegreine » 19 Apr 2015, 10:04

Thank you. Since this conversation I have been invited for another interview so it's all systems go here!

My advise, heed the Tower, burn your world down and rebuild. It's worth it I promise.
Aoibhegreine

Postby airbabygurl » 21 Apr 2015, 13:27

Aoibhegreine wrote:Thank you. Since this conversation I have been invited for another interview so it's all systems go here!

My advise, heed the Tower, burn your world down and rebuild. It's worth it I promise.

Awesome! Congrats!!
airbabygurl

Return to Tarot Spreads