9sw as outcome: another ellipse requiring insight

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

9sw as outcome: another ellipse requiring insight

Postby sunshine0406 » 26 May 2013, 14:26

hi everyone,

i'm going to be judging an event with my former boss, which will be interesting. since i've heard through the grapevine that friends at my former workplace have been told not to associate with me and that they'll face serious repercussions if they do, i pulled the following spread asking why the villifcation. the nine of swords to be here is quite interesting as an outcome. thoughts on that and the overall spread welcome!

recent past having influence: 4 of swords
present: fool
near future having influence: death
what to do: 4 of wands
outside influences: prince of cups
hope/fear: hanged man
outcome: nine of swords
Last edited by sunshine0406 on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
sunshine0406

Re: 9sw as outcome: another ellipse requiring insight

Postby Aoibhegreine » 26 May 2013, 15:05

recent past having influence: 4 of swords
present: fool
near future having influence: death
what to do: 4 of wands
outside influences: prince of cups
hope/fear: hanged man
outcome: nine of swords

First thing I did when I read that was laugh. They are afraid of the interaction with you just incase the truth is revealed and their part in the whole debacle revealed. They fear the ramifications of that truth and so have forbidden their staff from interacting in a bid to prevent that outcome. Just proves that they are ar535 and you're far better off without them.

As for your spread here goes:

The 4 of swords, a period of rest after the war. The present, my friend the fool, a new adventure (the new job) and another friend Death, an end to this whole affair once and for all. The 4 of wands is a card of celebrations and conventions, which makes sense in this spread. It's also a card of pride, contentment and freedom. To me this is also a card of sanctuary, as in you need to surround yourself with people and feelings of good energy. Don't ignore your former colleagues, that plays to their strength, but rather acknowledge them, say hi and then simply enjoy your day. The prince of cups is a known as the lover card and to me this is a card about showing compassion to others. Your former colleagues are caught up in something they don't want to be in but have no real choice, so don't judge them to harshly for their actions. The hanged man, you are afraid of becoming embroiled in something all over again and that 9 can be for you or for them. For you it's the fear and worry of being dragged back in and for them it's the revelation of the truth. Quite frankly, don't let it bother you as there is no more you can do in this situation and just enjoy the day. Acknowledge that there may be issues, prepare for that but don't be consumed by that.

Hope that helps and Good luck
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby remora » 26 May 2013, 21:54

All those former bosses are insignificant impotent petty tyrants! What is the ACTUAL size of that former boss of yours on global scale? Stalin? Hitler? Chinghiz Khan? Thomazo Thorquemada? When your boss dies make sure you no longer go fishing 'cause you may accidentally use him/her as a bait on your hook:-) Bo******ses they all are - poor tiny creatures desperately trying to be self-important! I think the Lord of Cruelty as a result as well as the Fool for the present may both be a good evidence of attributing undue importance to something that simply carries little consequence outside of its personal meaning to you! Take your deck, pull out all the best cards you would like to have in your life and arrange them into a great happy-end story - just like you would do with the Runes - and see it work! And stop wasting your precious feelings on sick people whose miserable existence is punishment enough in itself:-)
Last edited by remora on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
remora

Postby sunshine0406 » 28 May 2013, 03:16

remora, appreciate the passionate response. the spread is helpful in seeing the quagmire they're in and actually will inspire me to walk in to that competition with head held high and all of the bass ass/diva energy i can channel!
Last edited by sunshine0406 on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
sunshine0406

Return to Tarot Spreads