2swords as final outcome?

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

2swords as final outcome?

Postby goldie » 25 May 2013, 21:27

I lay a spread for a general question re what to consider or what will help me over the coming months re my business (am at a minor turning point). I was curious to hear other perspectives on the 2swords final outcome. I use rw & lay a 7card ellipse:
1 immediate past - 5wands
2 present -10wands
3 immediate future already influencing - Lovers
4 WTD hermit
5overlooked factors - 6 pentangles
6 hopes/fears Sun
7 final outcome 2 swords

I figured this is an invitation to access hermit qualities & Lovers rather than sink into shutting out kind of an isolation (I'm good at that)
And the 6 pentangles feels like a particular person who can have influence over me against whom I often fight or isolate myself (its nearly always me ... He's quite a reasonable steady if annoying person ...)

would be so interested a appreciate any other insights on this reading. xx
Last edited by goldie on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
goldie

Re: 2swords as final outcome?

Postby Indemnity » 28 May 2013, 00:31

Hey Goldie.

The Lovers, the Hermit, and the 2 of Sw all have aspects of making choices and taking personal responsibility for an outcome/action. The 2 of Sw is about peace/compromise, but it also carries a warning that you have to choose one side or another - neutrality causes strife - and to not let others make decisions for you. Especially if someone is depending on you for support or to make a decision, not doing so to "wait and see" can be just as destructive as making the wrong choice, if not more so.

The Lovers can mean a decision between two desired things, or a discrepancy between one's reality and one's fantasy. This could also be representative of your "turning point" and the changes you are considering/doing.

Another part of the Hermit is self-awareness... perhaps this has something to do with the Sun in Hopes/Fears - what it might reveal? Maybe one of the choices presented as the Lovers card isn't as realistic as you may want it to be. The 6 of Pents represents past gains/costs - in the position of something that you have overlooked. I would take a good hard look at what those could possibly be, both in regards to your business and this other person.

Neither the 5 nor the 10 of wands are positive cards, your past and present. They are both conflict cards. If this is representative of the person you talk about, perhaps I have to disagree with what you said and suggest that, with the Hermit as your WTD, isolation from this person might be a good thing.

Either way, I'd say it means that what you need to do is draw on your own strengths for the road ahead, and to accept both your past successes and mistakes for what they are. Be aware of the reality of your choices and decisions.

Anyway, hope this helps... or at least gives you ideas :)
Last edited by Indemnity on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Star-Souls serene, that gleam on life’s calm lake
Behold within, and not above, one Star in sight.
Indemnity

Postby goldie » 28 May 2013, 20:15

Hey Indemnity, it really helps clarify the reading for me. Thanks so very much. I really appreciate it. goldie x
Last edited by goldie on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
goldie

Postby Indemnity » 30 May 2013, 05:04

Glad I could help, Goldie. Good luck.
Last edited by Indemnity on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Star-Souls serene, that gleam on life’s calm lake
Behold within, and not above, one Star in sight.
Indemnity

Return to Tarot Spreads