Weighty Decision

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

Weighty Decision

Postby karuna_chandra » 09 Apr 2013, 02:01

Decisions are challenging, and I do not usually find that a tarot reading makes them any less so. However, it is at least interesting to gather the insights, and I would appreciate some help with that on this one.

For my current job, I was hired to develop a program that has the potential to be my dream job. It is not a dream job right now. The organization has a lot of dysfunction, and I am starting to think I would be better off having a normal job while pursuing my dreams on the side. A very nice, cushy "normal" job has presented itself. This new job is Choice # 1. Staying with the current job is Choice #2.

The spread:

1 (underlying factors): Temperance
2 (current situation): The Sun
3 (motivation for Choice #1): Page of Cups
4 (motivation for Choice #2): Knight of Coins
5 (nature of C#1): 3 of Wands
6 (nature of C#2): Queen of Wands
7 (immediate outcome for C#1): 6 of Wands
8 (immediate outcome for C#2): The Star
9 (future outcome for C#1): 5 of Swords
10 (future outcome for C#2): 3 of Coins
11 (what needs to be known): The Lovers

I have already gains some significant insights from this, but part of me does not quite want to hear them. It would help to hear other interpretations for the clarity to sink in. So, if you are interested and you get a hit on this one, I would greatly appreciate hearing it.

Blessings,

Karuna
Last edited by karuna_chandra on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
karuna_chandra
Angel Cake
Angel Cake

Re: Weighty Decision

Postby Aoibhegreine » 09 Apr 2013, 08:40

Here are my thoughts:

The first thing that comes to mind is temperance. You want the balance, not only in your job but in your life. You are obviously stressed and upset and therefore uncertain how to proceed. You need to regain that sense of peace and serenity. And the lovely Sun is here to help. It's shining a lovely light on the world so that you can see clearly. Whether you choose to look and see is another thing all together. The answer is there, right in front of you. The only problem is that sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a train hurtling along at 90 miles an hour, best get out of it's way. There is such a thing as too much sun. So you are stuck between to choices. Choice 1 (the new job): The page of cups, 3 of wands, 6 of wands and the 5 of swords. Hmm, oh yes, very flowery and the like but ultimately there's that 5 of swords looming. Choice 2 (staying where you are): Knight of coins, Queen of wands, the Star and the 3 of coins. This is a better option, requires more hard work but ultimately will get you were you want to go. Things worth having aren't easy, and that goes double for our dreams. I know, I'm currently chasing mine and nothing is happening, I have a friend who took a chance 3 years ago and it's only just paid off. Also a computer programmer. I think your problem stems from the reality not living up to your expectations. You have this perfect dream in your head, this ideal you'd like your life to be, and then you have reality. Reality is good but it's not perfect and there in lies the problem. An abstract dream is perfect and that's what we want. The lovers, a card about love and choice. Well, you know that! The problem is which choice. Well, I'd say that's rather apparent, the one you love. Which one gets you up in the morning and wanting to get to work. Now let's be clear I'm not talking about the work place with it's people and problems, I talking about the actual work, the ideal life you want to live. Because that Star, isn't about what we have now but what we could have in the future. It's telling you of fulfilling your dream but in the future. Giving it up and moving to a 'normal' job will end in tears (5 of swords) but sticking it out, might just pay off. In more ways than one.

I hope that helped and Good luck
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby seedling » 09 Apr 2013, 08:55

...read a nice quote..

flip a coin for the choice...
and you'll be sure to understand... which one you really hope it'll be..
:D
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby karuna_chandra » 09 Apr 2013, 10:44

Thank you, Aoibhegreine! Another very helpful and insightful understanding of one of my readings. I am so tempted by the other job. I am so tired of sticking it through with the current situation, but the message of this reading is hard to ignore. Thanks for adding to my clarity around this.
Last edited by karuna_chandra on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
karuna_chandra
Angel Cake
Angel Cake

Postby Aoibhegreine » 09 Apr 2013, 12:02

karuna_chandra wrote:Thank you, Aoibhegreine! Another very helpful and insightful understanding of one of my readings. I am so tempted by the other job. I am so tired of sticking it through with the current situation, but the message of this reading is hard to ignore. Thanks for adding to my clarity around this.

Glad I could help. :D
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Jan » 10 Apr 2013, 19:01

That quote made me really laugh, Seeds...how true....

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby seedling » 10 Apr 2013, 19:45

Jan wrote:That quote made me really laugh, Seeds...how true....
Loadsa love
ha, laughter, how great!
you're welcome!! :D
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Return to Tarot Spreads