Queens aplenty

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

Queens aplenty

Postby Mira » 19 Mar 2013, 18:30

Hi all,

Thought some might find this interesting.

I have been doing spreads for myself for almost a year now, really just to learn the cards and begin to see how they can help guide me. The other night I did a spread from a book called "The Crowley Tarot" (Thoth deck) which what I thought were unusual results. The spread is called the Secret of the High Priestess. I'll tell you what each of the positions indicates with the cards that came up:

1 and 2 indicate the topic in question and what impulses affect it, as the book says, "This is it. This crosses it."
1) Aeon
2) High Priestess
3)(current main influence) Queen of Wands
4)(gaining influence) Queen of Spheres
5) (losing influence) Nine of Spheres
6) (what is in the dark) Queen of Cups
7) (what is in the light) Adjustment
8) (where the journey leads) Queen of Swords
9) (deeper motivations, why, what purpose) Tower

The question was just a general "how will this relationship proceed". Take a stab if it interests you, I was amazed that all four queens showed up as I have never had that happen, and I was struck by all the trumps.

Blessings all :) Mira
Last edited by Mira on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Mira

Re: Queens aplenty

Postby Indemnity » 22 Mar 2013, 05:09

Hey Mira :)
a little rusty here, but I'll take a shot...

I get the feeling that this person is either someone you would want to take care of you... or provide some kind of release from responsibility - a bit like holding someone's hand and waiting for them to take care of everything (like a child/Aeon, with the Priestess' passivity). The 9 of Sph losing influence makes me wonder if some of this might be monetary, but maybe just the relationship itself.
It kinda looks like this relationship is driven by passion/emotions/etc, and not necessarily by intellect; this could mean it is transitory, or that it just hasn't developed beyond that yet.
I also wonder if there isn't some deeply held but unsaid feelings going on... like someone wants more, but is afraid to bring it up for fear of losing/rejection. Adjustment in the light, and the QoCups in the dark almost makes me think there is some kind of resentment held by someone, maybe over expectations not being met by someone.

The last two make me wonder if some kind of intellectual insight is in order, like taking a step back for some perspective/reality check. Perhaps this is tied to the feeling that something isn't working or progressing how one would want it to. QoSwords could also be a sign of needing to communicate whatever is and isn't working for you/them (tower).

Does that help at all?
Last edited by Indemnity on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Star-Souls serene, that gleam on life’s calm lake
Behold within, and not above, one Star in sight.
Indemnity

Postby Jan » 23 Mar 2013, 21:33

In addition I find it interesting that your courage is retreating, and that your intuition seems to be getting in the way - as though you feel one thing and think another. Are you making too many compromises here?

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby seedling » 23 Mar 2013, 23:29

...or not believing what you feel...?
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby Mira » 02 Apr 2013, 20:28

Thank you for your responses, I'm sorry I haven't been in to check sooner!

Indemnity, your observations are very insightful. Finances don't fit in to this particular picture but it is interesting that you speak of the dynamic of being taken care of. This particular person has helped me move forward in life at a time when I was very lost and very stuck. And he is helping me to figure out what my next steps are. I had never really though of it in the light of being taken care of but I suppose that in a way that's what he's done. It is true that emotion and not intellect is the driving force here and there are certainly unsaid feelings on both sides, hinted at but not ever fully discussed. It's a tricky situation.
Jan, I think that you saw my courage retreating because when I did the spread we had had gotten together for an evening where I had thought that all would finally be said and discussed between us but that didn't happen. I was feeling disappointed, conlicted and confused. You are right, my intuition has been very loud regarding this particular person and it shouts at me to go forward with this friendship, be patient and wait for what's to come. I try to listen to the intellect and walk away, so to speak, and then circumstances or the universe seem to push me right back in.
And yes Seedling, I do sometimes try not to believe what I feel because it is very deep and a little scary.

I value your insights!
:) Mira
Mira

Postby Jan » 02 Apr 2013, 20:52

A very wise person once said to me at a scary point in my life "If you cannot trust yourself, then trust your gods." I did. And I am glad. So...have the same words.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby Mira » 03 Apr 2013, 05:29

I like that Jan! Thank you :D And I will, because if my intuition is right, the universe may well have something very special in store!
Mira

Postby seedling » 03 Apr 2013, 05:39

Ooooh, go for it! :grin:
loads of Love, seeds
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Return to Tarot Spreads