the future Cards in a the Celtic Cross Spread

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

the future Cards in a the Celtic Cross Spread

Postby Alana » 06 Oct 2009, 11:20

The thing more difficult of doing in a reading is, of course, to know exactly what a card means in a specific position. We can always know very well the general meaning of the cards – Minor and Major Arcana, but to know what they mean in a certain position…. Yes, it is very difficult. I’ts an Art, of course, and it also means a LOT of practice! Among the most known tarot layouts are the Celtic Cross, but I wonder why I don’t see a book just tell us all about it!  No, I am not kidding!
Last weekend I had one of this readings and the Cards shown:
1 – 4 of Swords
2 – Knight of Wands
3 – Ace of Swords
4 – Ace of Cups
5 – Knight of Cups
6 - 10 of Pentacles
7 – Strength
8 – Judgment
9 – 5 of Cups
10 – Princess of Wands
The situation is about a kind of truce made with me and a very impetuous man (my needs versus his interests); we clashed, had a quarrel and now I need a break, to reunite my strength, conquer my fears of loosing him and quietly getting in motion, again. Of course there is love in the story. And I wounder if we are staying together in the future...
What I have to do seems clear with the 4 of Swords and the Strength (the situation and my atitude in face of it). But I cannot understand the position card for the future: 10 of Pentacles (the immediate future) and the Princess of Wands (the outcome or consequence).
Can anyone give a hint about this spread? Particulary the future cards? Of course, you are free to do any observations you have about the other cards too. Thank you very, very much in advance.
Alana

Re: the future Cards in a the Celtic Cross Spread

Postby Jan » 08 Oct 2009, 13:54

I think you'll find he is perfectly understanding for a short time about you needing a bit of time to wool-gather and consider - but in the end you'll be needing to take your courage in both hands and accept what is on offer.

Didn't I start working on cards in positions, somewhere? Or at least talking about the effects of specific positions - maybe I should start doing that again.

Loadsa love
Spread your love around the world, touch every man and woman
That they are lighted from within by Love
Weave a web of Light across this planet and its peoples
So that they might live in peace and harmony
Bound forever by your rainbows to the Gods
Jan

Postby Alana » 09 Oct 2009, 11:00

I am sorry, but I I really need a mor clear answer."...accept what is on offer", Jan?
Could you be more specific, Jan. You mean a total separation of us, the end?
Alana

Postby kriss » 12 Oct 2009, 23:35

Jan, you had a whole load of stuff on card positions in the subscriber's area before the system crashed.

Kriss
kriss

Postby Jan » 13 Oct 2009, 11:16

I wonder if it's all still on my hard drive somewhere.....

Alana - no idea - whatever it is he's offering. Biggest problem there is that 5 on your hopes/fears position.

Loadsa love
Jan

Postby Alana » 13 Oct 2009, 13:20

I really would like to see that stuff about the meaning of the cards in positions in the Celtic Cross. Really. To discussed each position with you all.

Jan - when something does not work out the way I had expected, it's difficult to ajust the expectations to what seems to be on offer...

In your texts about Working with the Cards you say that when 5 Cups shows in a reading a way to work with that is thinking on the meaning of the 9 of Wands...

And if I want to work with that Card: 5 of Cups in hopes/fears in a spread? Is there a spread to help me working with that?
tk.
Alana

Postby Jan » 14 Oct 2009, 23:23

No spread I know of - just a carefully worded question - try contemplaing the card and then drawing on it.

And if it was all in the advanced stuff one day i might get the chance to edit and rewrite and put it out there...but who can tell ;-)

The 5 of cups is all about unrealistic expectations and the disappointment that ensues. If you have expectations it's always as well to take the 5 of cups out of your deck, have a little conversation with it and then draw three to tell you how out of kilter or in line you are.

Loadsa love
Jan

Postby Alana » 16 Oct 2009, 08:35

Tanks to your advice, Jan. I already did what you suggested: I had a little chat with the 5 of Cups and draw 3 cards to give me some help about the meaning of the card and the pain and disillusion associated to my biggest expectations on the matter.
Significator: 5 of Cups
1 - 3 of Cups
2 - Knight of Cups
3 - Ace of Swords
I think the 5 of Cups in the Celtic Cross in the position of Hopes and Fears show me the pain that a man (Knight of Cups here or Knight of Wands in the obstacles position of the Celtic Cross) had inflicted on me when he decided to separate from me and the way he had conducted the all situation, the conversation we had. It’s about seeing some one in the best way and gets disillusioned by what was his behaviour in the process. It´s about being deeply sad with the situation in my life.
Thanks again Jan, for your precious help!
Alana

Return to Tarot Spreads