Three card spread

Here we develop a thorough understanding of the common tarot card positions in readings, and explore some more unusual ones.

Moderator: Jan

Three card spread

Postby Asura657 » 01 Oct 2016, 01:20

Hello everyone, I'm new to tarot reading and I recently did a three card spread (past, present, future) regarding how my ex feels about me. He broke up with me, and told me he doesn't love me anymore, he's over it and he's moved on. But he's still giving me chances to prove myself and I can still see the pain in his eyes. This is what I pulled.

Past: Knight of swords (reversed)
Present: The Lovers
Future: The World

Do these cards mean he's hiding his emotions from me to defend himself, and that there's any hope for a reconciliation?
Last edited by Asura657 on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Asura657

Re: Three card spread

Postby seedling » 01 Oct 2016, 19:43

..there are rules to questions when it comes to tarot.
And that includes asking only about your own life and feelings..
So sadly we cannot interpret.

Jan or anyone else: what would be a useful question in such a situation?
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby Aoibhegreine » 01 Oct 2016, 20:28

Hi Asura

As Seedling has already said there are ethics involved when we do a reading. For us we don't feel right asking about others without their permission as it feels like an invasion of privacy, like searching through someone's underwear drawer. It's a violation of Freewill and not something we'd advocate here.

However, when it comes to tarot there are many different ways to ask the same thing just from a more personal view. You could ask to have an overview of the relationship, or ask to be shown what's hidden from you, or ask what can you do now, or where the relationship is headed, etc.

As an aside, try talking to him. Tarot is great but it can ony do so much, asking and talking it through can do much more but don't push it.

I wish you well and feel free to post a new reading with any of the new questions.

Good luck
Aoi
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby JudyK » 11 Oct 2016, 19:46

I think we need to be careful when we speak of Tarot Rules. There are no rules. It's certainly appropriate to address the moral issues surrounding certain questions, or the benefits of wording questions for maximum personal empowerment, but ultimately we as individuals decide what we will and will not read about.
Last edited by JudyK on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
JudyK

Postby Jan » 18 Oct 2016, 12:58

I agree Judy. We do indeed need to be careful when we talk about rules in Tarot - and those appropriate when posting on this forum too. I have run this group of boards for rather longer than I can remember now - and one thing I have made plain over and over again is that, at the very least, here...we will NOT use the Tarot to go poking our noses in where it has not been invited. One very common use of Tarot is to try to glean information from the cards that we are a)unwilling to get by other more overt sources and b)where we have no right nor permission whatsoever.

Now whilst I am quite sure Asura quite simply had not considered the above - that does not mean that having had the topic brought to her attention, she may not think twice before doing it again. And if she DOES choose to do that, then she will not do it here, will she?

I hope you understand the point. But if you do not, then please remember that this IS a rule on these forums.

Thank you

Jan
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby JudyK » 18 Oct 2016, 17:09

Oh well, if that's the rule for this forum, then I will respect that, naturally. It just came across as a universal prohibition.
Last edited by JudyK on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
JudyK

Postby Jan » 19 Oct 2016, 17:47

I'm glad that you feel like that. As for universal prohibition, if I ever caught one of my Tarot students doing this I would be sitting them down to give them an extensive talk about respect for other people's privacy. From my perspective this certainly IS a universal prohibition, and in truth I have difficulty understanding what justification can be used for poking one's nose into somebody else's business with neither their knowledge nor permission. I cannot find a valid reason that excuses such intrusive behaviour - can you?

The Tarot is remarkably powerful. When we weild power in whatever form, we take up a very particular commitment to do so in a fashion that can be construed as ethical, respectful and just both in relation to the medium itself and also to life. We are entering here into the world of Cosmic Law - the high level rules which shape our place and progress in life from an arcane perspective. To be fair, such Laws are esoteric and therefor beyond the grasp of some. But....rather as we would not encourage a person with no understanding of the power of fire to play about with it without first introducing warnings and framework, neither should we approach a skill like using Tarot in a careless fashion. Like fire, when used within certain guidelines and restrictions, Tarot is safe, helpful and nurturing. When abused both are harmful and destructive. Often the fine line between use and abuse is defined by respect in whatever context you consider it.

Regards
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Return to Tarot Spreads