Orlando

Here's where we talk about all sorts of things that do not belong anywhere else

Moderator: Jan

Orlando

Postby Jan » 13 Jun 2016, 21:35

One if my rare appearances on the forums here to say just this:

I am appalled at the dreadful events which have unfolded in Orlando in the last 24 or so hours.....

And you know what? I am also pretty darned appalled that a reporter with extreme integrity ended up being forced to walk right out on a Sky interview, and that certain of the "Remain" camp have tried to make capital from what can only be described as a total horror.

We who are British need to abhor these aberrations of simple empathy.

In the meantime, my love, thoughts and consideration to all who are suffering tonight....whether they be directly or indirectly involved in all this.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Re: Orlando

Postby m.standridge » 14 Jun 2016, 10:06

Thanks for posting and best wishes Ms. Jan. Horrible tragedy, yet one more mass shooting, it seems they keep getting worse each time. Assault weapons...
Last edited by m.standridge on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby seedling » 22 Jun 2016, 12:36

and the political lady that stood up for refugees..
Sad times!

But do not ever let fear in!
We only need a few to start and shift their perspective to compassion, love and peace.. to turn this fear stricken world around!
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby Jan » 24 Jun 2016, 20:07

I'm fascinated by this sit-in.....how many Democrats took part Max?

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby m.standridge » 15 Jul 2016, 02:29

Sorry, Ms. Jan,
Just now saw you had asked me a question up here, about the Democrats sitting in at Congress to try to get action on gun legislation. I think most of them did...but there aren't enough Dems currently in either Chamber to accomplish the goal, and many of the Repubs are very under the control or pressure fo the pro-gun lobby, so will do nothing except empty words and platitudes.
It will take some changes to make it happen. Democrats will need to turn out and vote in the Presidential in sufficient numbers to not only elect a Dem Pres, but also a Dem majority Congress. Then there will be action.
Otherwise, there will just be stagnation. Having only the President but no Congress, accomplishes little so much of the time.

On this night, another terrorist attack in France, on Bastille Day. What is that about, eh? Protesting the fall of the monarchy back in the 1700s?

In Dallas, you know in recent years the Dallas Police Dept. has been one of the most progressive in the whole area of improving police performing about brutality and racism, getting high marks from the NAACP and others. They're not perfect, but they are one of the best in the nation currently. Yet, this guy opens up on THEM, instead of, say, the ones in Baton Rouge or somewhere who are so cruel--not that I'm endorsing even that, just saying, complain to the RIGHT people!

Best in all,
MaxS
Last edited by m.standridge on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby Jan » 27 Jul 2016, 21:45

I cannot tell you how grateful I am to have our very circumspect gun laws here. Whilst there ARE still guns on the streets here it's not like this as a general rule....I'm probably wrong, but the only rampage I can recall is Hungerford.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Return to General Chatter