Prayers and energies please for my mom

Here's where we talk about all sorts of things that do not belong anywhere else

Moderator: Jan

Prayers and energies please for my mom

Postby m.standridge » 08 Dec 2015, 04:37

and I hope you all are ok.
Mom is weak this night, and very ill, and she isn't looking that great.

Please send any positive her way, that she can. Little Rock, AR, USA.
I have missed communicating with my dear friends up here. Negative energy everywhere, btw. These shootings, this hatred, this extremism all over...we need love, as Ms. Jan has said. Love energy. People are impatient to be violent, evidently. A lot of ill will all over the place. A lot of anger and resentment, from all directions.

I can't tell you what a day this has been. My original girlfriend, Lynn, has had a dreadful couple fo weeks healthwise. Now it's mom, who had been physically stable if mentally losing ground.

Jan I've been trying to get back to the LBR, and I've not seen the stressed or freaked female neighbor lately. I just hope she's not got any ideas like our female friend in San Bernardino, CA. My time...it almost seems it just doesn't exist. I get to mom's and I don't want to leave her side, even though she's usually fine for awhile.

You know how there's this thing about, you could never forgive yourself, and so forth. No tears and some impatience and anger with a few situations.

And then there's also recalling how very sweet, how preciously sweet, how no one was ever as sweet in your whole life.

Best in all,
MaxS
Last edited by m.standridge on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Re: Prayers and energies please for my mom

Postby seedling » 08 Dec 2015, 08:05

Big hugz and lots of positive energy for you and your mom!
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby m.standridge » 02 Jul 2016, 02:19

A much overdue thanks to you, Seeds. Mom has come through that episode and has also now come through several more. I communicate sometimes on FB, and on Twitter, where, I believe, we've connected once or twice. Anyway, thanks to you and all my angel friends.

Best in all,
MaxS
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby Aoibhegreine » 02 Jul 2016, 10:20

Sending you massive hugs Max. It's a horrible situation to be in.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby m.standridge » 03 Jul 2016, 08:33

Thanks Aoibe. Now, I'm trying to get some action from someone regarding the nursing home staff's behavior.
These staff people, several of them not all, are just...weird. Police state types.
Negative energy, so much of that around these days isn't there. I feel tense... I wake up, and feel the negative vibes, they're just in the air everywhere. My neck just feels tense much of the time, when I wake up, thinking of some of the weird things that have been said by the nursing home staff. I am making contact with an adult protective services phone number regarding my mother's situation and some things that have been said and done lately.

She's frightened and nervous, poor little thing. She can't recall things anymore, all she knows is that she is in a strange place and she's alone until she sees me. I dread being in one of those places, they attract such weird people to work for them

Mom was in therapy and she saw me coming in. She was in such fear and dread of that place now. They like to think they're her good friends, etc., and that they all have a big time, but the truth is that she is petrified and tense at the thought of going back any more to their therapy! And she called me in to the room, and we talked a minute and I tried to reassure her. And then, the next day, the social activities director or someone calls me to come to her office and "counsels" me that I must not enter the area because it "violates the privacy of the clients" in therapy.

I explained to her that my mother was frightened and nervous and didn't want to be there, and needed reassurance. And she says "well, this is just a counseling". What kind of weirdness is that? Don't they get it at all? People with altheimer's/dementia dont' remember all those things they tell them to do...why don't they know that? They're supposed to be trained. And when I bring that point up to them, that she doesn't remember, they say "oh yes she does"!

My poor mom is just in this strange place down the street, and I'm not allowed to be with her sometimes at night, and I think that's when she gets the most frightened except when she's asleep. I try to stay each night until she's tucked in.

These are precious days and I want to be with her all I can. Now, my friend Lynn is also suffering from serious health issues.

It's just the kind of thing...I will get this addressed by these adult protective services people. I don't like the staff's attitude among various individuals about a number of issues. There are a number of kind people and dedicated people. And, truthfully, I think some of the therapy people are also dedicated.

But sometimes one has to be realistic about someone's having deteriorated in the memory department. I can see it in my mother myself and it's hard for me to realize at times because it's still her sweet voice, but I have to be aware and try to think out all the things she won't do for herself any more. Giving someone "credit" for being able to do things for themselves that they can't actually do anymore, isn't really giving them credit; rather, that's a form of creeping neglect.

I've just visited one of our small city's largest retail stores down the street, to make a last visit and shop. Sears is closing its doors in a few days at this location, one of several they are closing down, in a relentless process that's been going on for some years now. This unnerving collapse of the American economy since the 1980s is just nerve wracking, too.

So, once again, I all on the angels up here, to please help us all, for this sinking economy is the source of so much of the sick behavior we see at all levels. I feel as if I'm on some type of Titanic, and that the captain and crew are still out of touch wiht what's happening, taking all the wrong actions or missing important and deadly problems!

Anyway, they're about to start popping fireworks in the next few hours, all about how this all started out over here. I just hope I can find a sympathetic ear at Protective Services. And that somehow the...at least optimism that was present in those early days is still around somewhere, and hasn't totally been replaced by cynicism and this...strange kind of thinking of all kinds.

Best in all,
MaxS
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby Aoibhegreine » 03 Jul 2016, 10:41

Oh, Max. That's a horrendous situation. Sending all the healing I can.

If you are concerned request to attend sessions with your Mother. I'm assuming you have Power of Attorney? In that case it's your right to request certain things on your mother's behest and for starters I'd research the background of all the people there to be sure they are safe. I hope you get this situation worked out soon.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Jan » 03 Jul 2016, 15:41

How are things now, Max?

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby m.standridge » 06 Jul 2016, 06:02

Hi Jan
well much good has now happened, found a way of to use an old baby monitor we'd used a home, to good effect. Temporarily at least that has removed the need to have a discussion with the staff. I am not sure about the longer term, but so far they are not objecting to it. It gets the job done if that remains the case.

I certainly want to thank you for the instructions and I am endeavoring to act on them whenever I can regarding the next door neighbor, who has not been an issue nor do I ever see or encounter her, or even hear of her! LBR has been good news.
Hope all is well with all here.

Take care and

Best in all,
MaxS
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Return to General Chatter