Admin activation of accounts

Here's where we talk about all sorts of things that do not belong anywhere else

Moderator: Jan

Admin activation of accounts

Postby Jan » 16 Jun 2015, 15:51

You know we have admin activation of forum accounts on these forums? This is to circumvent the worst of the ad merchants and spam bots.....

Now when I go and check for new applications the only things I have to go on is the username and the email account. You'd be surprised how many of these I reject because I don't like the look of one or the other.....for example I would reject an app from somebody whose email addy was scarletbuxombeauty@hotmail.com......lol.

Well I have just approved one because I could not QUITE make up my mind........do send me an alert if ads turn up for stretchy sports materials would you?

:hello:

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Re: Admin activation of accounts

Postby seedling » 16 Jun 2015, 18:52

^_^
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby Molluspin » 17 Jun 2015, 18:27

I've just read this and realised my username's got the word 'spin' in it, as in spinning classes, and I only recently registered, so I'm wondering if maybe the owner of the iffy name is me... :( . It's a weird name but not sportswear related. It's just something I called my pet dog when I was little. She was called Molly, but for some reason I called her Mollusp, molluspin, molluspicious... So a kind of pet name for a pet. If am the culprit, I hope this puts your mind and rest, and if not, sorry for being so paranoid, and hope you enjoyed the little bit of history :) xx
Last edited by Molluspin on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Molluspin

Postby seedling » 18 Jun 2015, 07:42

Molluspin wrote:I've just read this and realised my username's got the word 'spin' in it, as in spinning classes, and I only recently registered, so I'm wondering if maybe the owner of the iffy name is me... :( . It's a weird name but not sportswear related. It's just something I called my pet dog when I was little. She was called Molly, but for some reason I called her Mollusp, molluspin, molluspicious... So a kind of pet name for a pet. If am the culprit, I hope this puts your mind and rest, and if not, sorry for being so paranoid, and hope you enjoyed the little bit of history :) xx
There is one other registree after you, Lycra.. I guess that might be the one? ;-)
No worries.. not good for frown, nor mood ^-^
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby Molluspin » 18 Jun 2015, 08:42

I think you might be right... Sorry, just being paranoid then :grin: I did have a bit of a panic though, thats very funny now :grin:
Last edited by Molluspin on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Molluspin

Postby Jan » 29 Jun 2015, 22:11

Hee! See if it had been you then I would have read your posts and thought "Oh thou suspicious minded one, Jan." Just every once in a while a user name leads me to stare extra-hard - and yet unless I have a very good reason I will activate cos ...well I might just be that suspicious-minded one ;-)

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby m.standridge » 08 Jul 2015, 03:46

Hi, Jan (and other Angels/friends),

I think this might be a good minute--since I have so few lately--to just say thanks for letting me post up here so much and also the videos and music I've posted from YouTube on some other threads that I had set up, up here.

I also want to say, since you're currently watching this thread and topic so hopefully this won't be too much of your time, that I am sorry if any of the videos/music that have had ads attached, there at YouTube, haven't been offensive to anyone--namely, that those ads that pop up-- I guess-- in most browsers.

Please know that i am not asking anyone to buy any products or services or contribute to anything that may appear in any of those ads.

As the legal clause goes, I cannot endorse external sites.
I also have no control if some of those links turns into something else besides what it originally was!

I have no financial connection to any of the parties who are running any ads, or, for that matter, any videos/music at YouTube. It's only for my friends' here, for their delectation.
Best in all,
MaxS
Last edited by m.standridge on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Return to General Chatter