Libya is on fire again, too

Here's where we talk about all sorts of things that do not belong anywhere else

Moderator: Jan

Re: Libya is on fire again, too

Postby Jan » 23 Aug 2014, 22:57

He! Ah Max...yes...very familiar with both Goddesses. Each a fascinating and enthralling force. I like to take a little credit for I.S. (or whoever they are calling themselves now) losing the I.S.I.S. just the day after I got exceedingly offended by it and yelped at the Universe.....

:hello:

Nothing wrong with having an inflated ego every now and again, just so long as you know it's happening.

And that's another thing - I was thinking about the difference between kidnap and capture. What's the shade of meaning there? Deliberate intent? A group set out to take a specific person prisoner?

Back to my good friend the OED - to kidnap: Abduct (someone) and hold them captive, typically to obtain a ransom
Capture: Take into one’s possession or control by force

Hmmm...now that depends on abduct doesn't it.....hopefully. Hmmm.....to abduct: Take (someone) away illegally by force or deception.

Now talk about room for semantics there......so...if I have this right, when one kidnaps, one targets a specific individual or group of individuals with an intent to make some kind of gain - typically financial, but not always. Therefor kidnap generally has inherent within it the concept of blackmail.

To capture is perhaps a rather more accidental thing - is it? I think I would need to be a politician to sort this one out. Certainly to assert that a person was kidnapped is dramatically more evocative than to say a person was captured. This throws my mind back to the furore in Gaza about the Israeli soldier.

Either way.....to slaughter a person to make a point is despicable. To then film it and broadcast that film is just....aaargh...I do not know the right word. But when I find it, it is liable to be a fairly damning one.

What does fuddle me is that I thought James Foley was taken by a group who were opposed to the rise of I.S. wasn't he? I thought it was Jabhat who claimed responsibility and started negotiations? I thought they were meant to be Qaeda affiliates who fiercely opposed I.S. So....how come....?

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 23 Aug 2014, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ''
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby m.standridge » 27 Aug 2014, 04:23

Your point immediately above, about the obscure and strange maneuvers that seem to go on behind the scenes, that result in these hostages/captives being transferred from one group to another...Turkey and the Saudis are in the background. It's impossible to know the extent of their involvement with all this, but it's there.
We have...we are being forced to engage in indirect assistance of the Assad regime in Syria at this point, as you've no doubt noted from the media. There is this Stalin alliance-like thing, we being somewhat in a similar position to where yours was in June 1941: under the blitz, you were relieved--in a horrified kind of sense--to finally at last have another nation as an ally, even though it was the USSR of Stalin, with all the horror that evoked.
Having to put up with Stalin's past actions, without condemnation, was almost indigestible, yet it was impossible to survive--reliably, anyway--under the bombers, without some counterweight to take out the Germans anywhere possible.
For us, the bombing of the ISIS wing of the Assad opponents, is s smaller-scale thing.
Meanwhile, the Russian connections of Assad, also puts Russia at odds, in effect, with the secret backers of Isis, the Saudis and the Turks.

Each of these nations has--and I suppose is entitled to--a certain amount of...pride, and perhaps resentment. Similarly, Russia is resentful of having to give up all influence in Ukraine, when it, of all nations on earth, gave of the blood of its young men to preserve Ukraine in the face of Nazi invasion all those years ago. I'm sure there's a certain...nationalist pride there in Russia about, that is not happy with that loss of influence.

I had posted up here about the second a-bomb at Nagasaki, and tonight, at the end of an entire day of...call them synchronicities or call them serendipitous events, some negative in impact, some positive (in the short run anyway), they are now, on tv, talking about Truman's decision to drop the Bomb and end the War with Japan.

I just...lately, I have just been so troubled by that. I keep thinking of how justified the Japanese are to be enraged and hurt over that second bombing at least. We didn't drop that bomb to defeat Japan, the Japanese were already prostrate, defeated. We dropped that second bomb to impress the Russians.

The Axis already knew the potential of nuclear weapons, including the Japanese. It wasn't necessary to "convince" them that the A-bomb was "real" by dropping a second one.

It was to impress the Russians, who had probably the world's largest standing military at that point in time. We had to do something, and the Right feared, immediately, to stave off their unleashing that huge military on the rest of Europe.

This...absolutely horrific event...was an act of TERRORISM. I just...lately I've been able to process this, to realize this. It's like...yes, I knew it WAS, yet somehow it didn't fully register because it had already happened before I was born.

But lately, as I've been gradually absorbing all this about the ...energies you deal with, I begin to realize that there is clearly something going on...with getting back from the Universe that which we've broadcast into it.

We...matched, in at least the act at Nagasaki (if not BOTH Bombs), so many of the horrors that the Axis had inflicted. We after the end of the War, condemned the Holocaust and Japan's war atrocities, and we forgot...we just...we didn't let it sink it...that we'd killed the innocent of Japan, with the fire bombing--much more so than even the Germans.

Because, with Obama's election...somehow, a certain...chord, perhaps an energy chord, keeps being in my heart/eye circuit...with a tearing of my eyes and a quivering of my chin. This black man, being our President...we're acknowledging our past history of racism and moving away from it.

Yet, that act...dropping that second bomb on the Japanese...there was something in that second one, that was just RACIST. The yellow man was not as important as the others. It was ok to drop a second bomb on them, don't you see? They were just JAPANESE. Yellow people.

It was slightly possible, I guess, that the first Bomb would have been dropped on whichever "bad guy" nation had been still standing, at the End there, of the War. Had both Japan and Germany still both been fighting, we'd have dropped at least one Bomb to defeat them.

But I don't think we'd have dropped the second Bomb had both Germany and Japan still been at war with us. Somehow, that second Bomb...that bomb carried a racist message. And it was UNNECESSARY too. Except that it impressed the Russians, and relieved the anxieties of the Right that the USSR might be on the march otherwise. But we could have dropped that other Bomb on Bikini Atoll or something, as we did subsequent Bombs. But the Japanese were just not IMPORTANT enough, as HUMAN BEINGS, in our racist thinking. And, too, we got blind to our own atrocities...just as the Israelis, lately, have become blinded to their own atrocities.

So, I needed to share this about these coincidence, because the more I am involved in thinking on and researching the Nagasaki issue, the more I get these...little coincidences. It is as if the Higher ones are letting the baby angels...those baby Japanese ANGELS...coo to me, sweet-slobber me into Synchronicities and coincidence...not meaningful except in their quantity today.

Best in all,
MaxS
Last edited by m.standridge on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby Jan » 27 Aug 2014, 17:42

Interestingly my Dad always said there should only ever have been one bomb dropped too....but I don't think I ever really understood his reasoning. I was, of course, a fervent anti-bomb person anyhow....so to my way of thinking no bomb was the best scenario.

This is a very disturbing conclusion you are coming to about a kind of unwilling ...kind of accidental....alliance with Assad...but I can see your logic there.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby m.standridge » 29 Aug 2014, 21:37

The unofficial and limited alliance thing...it just can't be helped sometimes, in the real world, because sometimes various "bad guys" are shooting at each other--and so, because we good guys are shooting at all the bad guys, we end up shooting at bad guys other bad guys are shooting at, right? :)
Best
MaxS
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby m.standridge » 29 Aug 2014, 21:45

Some people, including Barbara Honnegar, allege the PanAm flight shoot down over Lockerbee Scotland years ago, was done by Iran, not Libya, and that Qaddafy was singled out as the culprit dictator years ago, also, to cover up that fact. He survived for awhile, maybe too long for a solid conspiracy theory to stand up to close scrutiny on that.
However, it wasn't really necessary to completely or permanently cover up the facts of the shooting down, all that was necessary was to delay important data getting to the media, long enough for slipshod reporters to miss the connections. After it was out of the news awhile, and after Reagan was beating the drum about getting Kaddafy, the media didn't bother to further check it out, because, after all, the general public had lost interest.
Best,
MaxS
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby luisac » 26 Oct 2016, 13:06

......Absolutely horrific event.
Last edited by luisac on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Me llamo luisa y este es mi blog que habla de tarot, brujeria, tarot on line, videntes, videncia, magia blanca y magia negra
luisac

Previous

Return to General Chatter