Libya is on fire again, too

Here's where we talk about all sorts of things that do not belong anywhere else

Moderator: Jan

Libya is on fire again, too

Postby m.standridge » 11 Aug 2014, 21:54

As far as other events in the Middle East, check this out:

http://whowhatwhy.com/2014/07/27/looking-back-on-libya/

The United States evacuated its embassy in late July. Now, there's a news item: one would think everything was calm there now.

Best in all,
MaxS
Last edited by m.standridge on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Re: Libya is on fire again, too

Postby Jan » 12 Aug 2014, 21:29

Hmm....there's a lot of reading material there - I'm going to come back to that tomorrow Max.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby m.standridge » 14 Aug 2014, 06:06

There are other sources, less wordy, on the topic. But my ...concern is that these things haven't been anticipated by those supposedly in the know, the experts. The conventional explanations don't seem to apply--nor, I fear, the projected conventional solutions. So that's why I keep ending up here, searching for some...newer answers.
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby Jan » 14 Aug 2014, 18:54

Sorry Max...still not had time...outstanding busy day here. I'll get to it over the weekend.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby Jan » 17 Aug 2014, 16:05

Finally got the time to read through a fair bit of this. How reliable do you find that website, Max?

Some of the material I read was completely shocking; some of it was precisely what I had already thought (the securing resources stuff particularly); and some of it was downright conspiracy-theory-esque - not that I doubt all conspiracy theories at all...more that I feel as though, if you are calling the material of another reporter into doubt you need to be absolutely certain your own material is either fully substantiated OR presented as theory, rather than fact. And I did not feel that some of these writers managed to achieve that.

I do, though, really believe that we are rarely told the unvarnished truth by our "leaders". I also believe that many actions that are really motivated by greed, a lust for power and control, and other agendas are dressed up prettily so that a so-called ignorant public will swallow them.

Tell you one thing that really stands out thinking about news coverage just over this last three weeks - events in Gaza were headlining every single news report for around three or four weeks....and then suddenly the spotlight shifts away from Gaza (coinciding oddly with the Israeli "withdrawal") and suddenly centred on the activities of IS in Iraq. It's like Gaza is over.

The thing I found singularly most disturbing about all the reports I read was that even the people's rebellion in Libya could have been manufactured by the West.....yet my guts tell me that is true.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby m.standridge » 22 Aug 2014, 04:51

I tend to pull from sources from a variety of political persuasions, to get at the truth. My experience has been that the real truth doesn't subscribe to a particular party or philosophy or scenario.
The magazine "Commentary" cited in the link below, is usually considered a hawkish, more or less excessively pro-Israel publication, and its writers, likewise. I have always been fully willing, too, to question the blindly pro-Israel stance of some of its contributors and lead writers.
However, prescience is prescience, and I simply must note the prescience of Michael Rubin's article below, while also noting the relative brevity with which he conveys a simple fact, a simple, actual fact: Turkey supports al-Qaeda. It has been caught on video tape supporting al-Qaeda and groups closely affiliated with al-Qaeda, including the group described in Rubin's article--a group that has gradually morphed into ISIS/ISIL

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2013/ ... -in-syria/

As we begin unloading more ordnance on the ISIL positions in Iraq, and, possibly, elsewhere, we are reacting to ISIL beheadings of journalists, but also to direct threats by ISIL leaders to attack the United States with 9/11 style attacks, and to kidnap Americans right here in the United States via their European and American recruits.

We have re-coalesced the Iraqi government; set up a situation where Sunni Muslims can become more interested in participating in the Iraqi Army, and in becoming involved again in Iraqi politics, even as we try to set up a balance that allows the continued existence of minority populations of Shi'ias, Kurds and Christians within Iraq.
We've been down some of these roads before, however, and what I'm a cynic about, is the genuine-ness of American and other Western concern for the humanitarian missions being allegedly undertaken by our military forces.

This is a military--ours, that is--that had no qualms about slaughtering civilians by the thousands in Vietnam in the closing years of the war there, during "operation Phoenix" and the like, as body bags were dragged in and dumped and counted as "enemy dead" when they were often no such thing.

This is also a military that unloaded a SECOND atomic bomb on Nagasaki in 1945 without giving the Japanese time to even react to the first one. The targets for both of those horrible weapons had nothing to do with the Japanese military: one was a temple.

In the 1830s, long before the Civil War, this military slaughtered tens of thousands of Cherokee and Crow and Fox people across the eastern and southeastern areas of the present United States. The Cherokees were put on the "long walk", a death march that was pre-planned to ensure the deaths of its victims. A few years later, this same military slaughtered several nations of Native peoples.

Several secret investigations are currently ongoing about previous American atrocities in both Iraq and Afghanistan, during messages undertaken in the ostensible name of humanitarian-ism and anti-terrorism. Anti-terrorism by an army that, at My Lai and elsewhere in Vietnam, brutally murdered old people, children and babies--sometimes burning them alive deliberately.

So, Jan, if I seem to be pushing a pro-Israeli "hawk" publication in citing this article, please know that I am still recoiling in disgust from the actions of Mr. Netanyahu in his relentless, deliberate slaughter of Palestinian babies.

What I am also recoiling from, is the horrid alliances this nation has made with these nations of Turkey and Saudi Arabia, and the excessively good press that both of those nations have long gotten in our schools here, as well as in the rhetoric of our government and our mainstream media.
These two nations are terrorism funding nations. I admit our nation has blood on its hands on that point, as well. But we need to seem them for what they are. Saudi Arabia is every bit as committed to killing every Jew it can lay hands on, as Adolf Hitler was. Even as we try to smooth this over and sugar coat it, it is a FACT. I don't think I'm disagreeing with you, but as an example of my approach, I cite data from Ralph Nader, but also right-wing evangelist David J. Smith on particular points. This doesn't mean I endorse any of their views in any larger sense. But was Smith onto something regard how TWA flight 800 blew up--was it shot down by a Chinese navy missile? And, was Nader onto something regarding the cozy relationship of the Democrats with a lot of deadly serious polluters in their gigantic, well-funded campaigns?

Best in all,
MaxS
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby m.standridge » 22 Aug 2014, 05:40

Jan, there are also numerous pieces by other journalists not so strongly affiliated with one point of view, for that matter, one example:

http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2014/06 ... t-for-isis

also, I will find a working link--yet--for the video evidence of Turkey's ISIS support. I've seen them though they keep getting pulled.

Best,
MaxS
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby m.standridge » 22 Aug 2014, 07:35

This

http://www.ottomanempirehistory.com/Ott ... -WWI-1.gif

links to an image of the map of the Ottoman Empire in 1914 at the start of WW1 when Turkey was with the "Central Powers".
Greater Turkey. Eerie resemblance to Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, combined with Ankara's and Ibn Saud's nations.

OK, please forgive me for going on and on.

MaxS
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Postby Jan » 22 Aug 2014, 22:17

I'll check out these links over the weekend...but wanted to respond to your initial post...writing as I read so forgive if slightly disjointed.

First thing that strikes me is with the stuff about Turkey....um....they are lobbying to join the EU Max...er.....

I wish I could find a Goddess called ISIL to take objection to this lot for....it worked with I.S.I.S. Oddly I find this shifting title quite ominous for some reason...it's like now they have the world's attention they are trying desperately hard to work out who they really are.....a bit like a teenager shot to fame by a talent show or something...you know? Names have a great deal of magickal power......how are they trying to place themselves?

I am also horrified about some of the things I am hearing over here about recruitment patterns. If we are all capable of thinking back to our idealistic teens, then maybe you will join me in the cold chills running up and down our backs. I know how desperately I needed a cause when I was a kid. Fortunately for me love'n'peace was the prevailing wind of the time...along with sex'n'drugs'rock'n'roll. Imagine if the most alluring option was Jihad? all that unchannelled passion we used to feel eh? That's a nasty track to wander down.

Do you not think it's odd we are only really hearing about Iraqi Christians? And how about the Yazidis? The very little I know of this religion sounds fascinating....and completely harmless to those of other faiths. I also note most Yazidi have got out of Turkey and ended up in Germany...that's a funny route there isn't it? I wonder why that happened?

Hey ho.....I'm off to bed after I feed the hordes......but I cannot help thinking that sometimes it feels like there is so much more to fix in this world than got fixed so far. Maybe the point is that it is all coming to the surface......

Loadsa love

Hmmm.....
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby m.standridge » 23 Aug 2014, 04:56

Thanks Jan.
Depending on the media channels you use, there's more or less about security for mideast Christians, of course. There's concern about all the non-Sunni Muslim groups at the hands of ISIL/ISIS.

There was an Egyptian goddess Isis, and a Sumerian/Babylonian/Assyrian/maybe Greek goddess named Ishtar. Not to mention, she's who Wonder Woman called on as she cast her golden lariat!

Would that she could cast her golden lariat to save us all today.

Best we can do, is call on god/dess to help us all, as I know I'm trying to do, and know you are, too.

Wonder if the journalist just killed by ISIS was onto something about these Turkey connections? Could it be Turkey arranged his transfer to custody of these extremists from others not so murderous? That, so that he could be silenced? They seem to be putting deliberate effort into covering up their ties to these extremists.
It's really tough to find much in any mainstream media about Turkey's involvement. It's as bad as the voting irregularities discovered in the 2000 and 2004 elections: the msm, once they realize they've missed a story, often just want to continue to act as if it isn't there.

Anyway, I'm wiped out right now. Been a long week, mom is wearing me down, continued memory loss and constant concern for her physical well-being. I just...we've always been close, and now to lose my dearest friend...it's dragging me down.

Good friends all going downhill...trying to keep from noticing.

Best in all,
MaxS
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Next

Return to General Chatter