i'd lóve help..

Here's where we talk about all sorts of things that do not belong anywhere else

Moderator: Jan

Re: i'd lóve help..

Postby seedling » 05 Apr 2014, 08:02

Not sure what it is, but I have had days that I feel rather empty and tired all of a sudden..
Drank and ate enough, didn't work harder than ususal..
am I ill? am I gonna faint? what is it..?
I don't have a flu or sth, next day I don't notice much of it anymore

I do slow down than, or rest, even sleep.. most of all I just don't get what it is..
Yes, I do have a sleep disorder, so that could be connected..
just feels different than it used to before..

it seems a new part of my menstrual cycle..
the week after, i suddenly have less energy than I'm used to or sth..
Anybody any tips? Beside taking it slower, which I try to do.. now I am more aware
this is the 3rd month like this..
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby Aoibhegreine » 05 Apr 2014, 12:41

For me personally, when I started that it was because I was having an allergic like reaction to gluten. Plus it's how I feel after an allergic reaction to any of my allergins but since you've noticed it being after your cycle I'm going to say you're anaemic or have very low iron so it's taking your body longer to replace the lost blood cells and iron. I'd have an iron count done just to be sure. Then simply increase your iron intake by either eating the right foods or taking an iron supplement. If not then it could be some other form of allergin.

Good luck figuring it out.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Aoibhegreine » 05 Apr 2014, 13:00

Actually a quick way to determine if your iron is low is to look at the inside of your lower eyelid. If it's bright pink you're ok but it's a dull pink, almost blush, then you're low in iron. Your skin tone is another marker, so if it's lighter than normal or whiter (if you have a white skin, unfortunately this test doesn't work on darker skin tones) then again it shows you're at the very least low in iron.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby seedling » 05 Apr 2014, 18:25

Thanx for your useful advise!

familiar with IBS, so indeed, i have been trying to avoid gluten, also weary of dairy to be honest..
It takes some getting used to, because I lóve cheese.. :this:
haven't found something savoury to sub that

Ate a spinach quiche that same day (spanakopita) so by now my iron-levels might be more ok if I check..
I will make sure I eat more spinach and such, in such a week.
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby m.standridge » 20 Jul 2014, 02:39

It's late in the day now to post here, Seeds, perhaps, but I just got to this thread, because preoccupied with mom's situation, which, at times, involved these dynamics you've been describing here.
I went through a situation with her, where she was totally unrealistic about things anymore.

Then...somehow, she changed, wanted me to take charge, began to listen. The one thing I recall that changed, was she began to be prescribed a newer medication. Mind you, I'm not trying to sell you on a medicine, but a change from Alprozalam to Seroquel seemed to produce--though over a period of time--some dramatic improvement in mood.
However, part of it, had to be produced by her learning a couple things the hard way--she had to fall, twice, and be seriously injured, before finally acknowledging that...she needed help.

Then, it got easier, although she'd still have episodes where she'd try to run the sitters off. Meantime, too, it was wearing me out, playing the game that things were still the same and she could just keep living in the same old place, when no one, but NO ONE was still there with her anymore.

So, now, she'd finally here with me, in a nursing facility. Memory is about gone, but she's good-natured, complacent, and placid. She's always been incredibly sweet most of the time, and now she is just...bewildered and often sad because she can't recall things that have happened over these past several years. I have to remind her, but as I do, she seems to recall then. And she's saddened by the recollection of important deaths and injuries and other life changes.

It saddens me to have to keep reminding her of these deaths, and to see her wince and groan each time, as if it just happened, as if I were telling her the first time. I just hate it.

I don't understand the purpose of all this, so that makes me think it's a phenomenon that we humans are responsible for inflicting on each other, probably due to ignorance. Perhaps it's a dietary thing, or perhaps is the culture. Mom just lived to not only be independent, but to take care of others, especially us, her kids.

I suspect your mum is that way, too. I suspect she quite often asks you how YOU are, and is interested in helping YOU, right? Anyway, there's a depression there, for a role that instilled from early childhood, on top of whatever natural biology is there, for the little girl to be the mommy, to nurture, to take care. She's sad she can't nurture as well...and it's tough. Tough to accept, and, once accepted, causes depression...that leads to a willingness to just let go of life, and the brain cells just...they just want to go to sleep.

So, can we improve our culture? Is that part of the answer? Maybe. I hesitate to blame such a sad thing on the any Higher Power.

Anyway, Seeds, please forgive me for taking so long to get to this. I hope it is starting to work out better for you.
You have always been good to try to help me, and I truly have appreciated it. What I've offered, I know, is more conventional medicine. But Affirmations are good, too. God is with me, etc.

Best in all,
MaxS
Last edited by m.standridge on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Best in all,
MaxS
m.standridge

Previous

Return to General Chatter