Things that really irritate me,,,,,

Here's where we talk about all sorts of things that do not belong anywhere else

Moderator: Jan

Things that really irritate me,,,,,

Postby Jan » 29 Dec 2012, 13:54

This is the topic where you can vent about things that really irritate you! Feel free to rant ;-)

......spam-posters. Do they not know they are the scum of the earth? I've taken recently to taking the time to report them as spammers to their relevant ISPs. In some cases that produces really satisfying results ;-)

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Re: Things that really irritate me,,,,,

Postby kriss » 29 Dec 2012, 15:10

Ha ha!! I thought that would tee you off.

I try not to get irritated by people because it only stresses me out and doesn't affect them at all. Unfortunately this zen approach is extremely hard to achieve :-) I was lying awake getting angry about something rude and patronising someone said to me on a website a year ago... silly things you think of before sleep.

But... people who go through a shop doorway then stop dead, so you have to push past them to get in or out (at which point they tell you how rude they are). And in general, people who don't look where they are going and barge into you because they are daydreaming (ahem), window shopping or on their phone.

Kriss
Last edited by kriss on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
kriss

Postby Aoibhegreine » 29 Dec 2012, 15:15

People who have no consideration for others and simply expect you to conform to their views or way simply because it's convenient to them. Or people who show no respect for your view but expect you to respect theirs.

The sad thing is, I can spend hours on this thread complaining yet I battle to find anything to be grateful for. Time to change my view.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Alexandra » 29 Dec 2012, 17:40

People who are late for meetings and who misplace stuff all the time. Having to listen to music I don't like. (In shops for example). The loong, cold and dark winter in my parts of the world!
Last edited by Alexandra on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Alexandra

Postby starchaser1277 » 29 Dec 2012, 21:36

I'm a registered nurse, what really urks me is when a Dr tells our patient he/she will round first thing in the am to discharge them from the hospital, isn't there first thing and doesn't answer their pages when I call them then gets upset that I didn't lie to their patient and say he/she was in surgery when in actuality they forgot about them. Trust me that's enough to make even me come unglued, lol
-jess :banghead:
Last edited by starchaser1277 on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Fate loves the fearless
starchaser1277

Postby Jan » 02 Jan 2013, 20:23

People who steal my words with not so much as a by your leave and use them as content for their own websites. Not only do they threaten me with a duplicate content ban but I see this as thievery of the most disgusting type. Still...I get a lot of satisfaction giving them 24 hours to remove my unauthorised content from their website or else I will be going to their ISP and reporting them for copyright theft. That one provokes MUCH more satisfaction than the spammers thing. ISPs get all jumpy about copyright.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby prc » 02 Jan 2013, 20:25

ok, can it be a specific person or set of persons? if so, here i go!!

now, i'm just irritated with this person today because my lovely, and very very good daughter has hit the pre-teen eyeroll at everything i say phase of life, and so i am frustrated and irritated with her father. yes, her father. i am irritated that he has so much money that he travels all over the world and spends at least a week or two with whomever they have gone to see, but spends two days, maximum, twice a year, maximum here visiting with his daughter (because that is "all the time" that he can get off from work). not only that, but he likes to point out how expensive it is to have to come here to see her. (he, with a four bedroom house in san diego and a wife that doesn't work because she doesn't have to) i am irritated that when they do come to visit, they are always, without fail, at least one hour late picking her up, because they like to sleep in, and must join the morning breakfast group at the bed and breakfast) sometimes they're late two hours or more, and they almost always drop her off early, so that i can then host them in my home (and they neglect to find out if this is ok) i am irritated that he does not call her on holidays, and seriously thinks that calling her once a week for a ten minute chat means that he is "doing all that he can do". i am irritated that he calls breakfast "breckie", and he and his wife feel the need to abbreviate everyone's first name down to the first letter. i am irritated that it's all very romantic and airy fairy, and that he seriously tells her that she is the most important thing in the world to him. good god, i sure hope she doesn't grow up to think that love is all talk and no bread and butter!

whew! i needed that! my daughter really is a great kid. it's just today i am feeling the effects of all of that eyerolling! and really, her dad and stepmom are good people. but, it really is all a romance to these two. sometimes it gets to feeling so old when you are the workhorse in all of it.
Last edited by prc on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
prc

Postby prc » 02 Jan 2013, 20:26

yes jan, i just recently was on a different tarot site and i swear this lady's description sounded exactly like your own!
prc

Postby Jan » 02 Jan 2013, 21:47

Oh....Patti....point me at it......

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby prc » 02 Jan 2013, 21:59

ok, i will see if i can find it now, then i'll pm you with it.
prc

Next

Return to General Chatter