Monday 7th - Card of the Day - 3 of Cups

Discuss the Card of the Day sent out every weekday in our free ezine. Jan goes into more details on the cards and you can talk about your experiences.

Moderator: Jan

Monday 7th - Card of the Day - 3 of Cups

Postby Jan » 07 Aug 2017, 15:33

Many of the traditional versions of this cards show three young women preparing a flower-bedecked bower - perhaps to offer shelter for some upcoming and important event. The woman often wear a laurel wreath which reveals a slightly hidden aspect of the card - that of triumph and victory. Of coure, in order for there to be vistory there must, of necessity have been travail beforehand. Since this is a Cup, that victory is likely to affect the emotional area of life. When we put these two things together we recognise that we view a person (or people) healing from pain and sadness of some sort.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Re: Monday 7th - Card of the Day - 3 of Cups

Postby prc » 08 Aug 2017, 16:53

i just love this card! the power of three. when i was a kid growing up here in the states in the seventies and eighties, we had a program that would play along with Saturday morning cartoons called School House Rock. they had a ditty about 3, that 3 was the magic number. and i think it's interesting with tarot how three can be great with a cup, but so sorrowful with a sword. and yet, for the seeming difference, i see how they are connected.
Last edited by prc on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
prc

Re: Monday 7th - Card of the Day - 3 of Cups

Postby Jan » 09 Aug 2017, 12:55

Quabbalistically 3 is the number of the Sephirah of Binah. this is also known as The Vision of Sorrow, and is the first appearance of the Feminine Divine force on a journey down the tree. That appearance could be seen as a blessing and a curse all at the same time - this probably reflects into the enormously differing expression of 3's in Tarot. And numerologically 3 is the initial "coming together into completion" card - 1 is the individuated spirit, 2 is the joining of that spirit with another, and 3 is the result....again here you can follow the logic to some degree can't you?

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Return to Tarot Card of the Day