Ethics with regard to healing

Ask for healing from our Healing Team and others. Talk about healing. Share with us. Get a hug.

Moderator: Jan

Ethics with regard to healing

Postby Jan » 12 Mar 2009, 09:56

You will have noticed by now that I will not work healing with an individual (except under exceptional circumstances) where I do not have their explicit permission. Every now and again somebody asks me why.

There are several reasons, some obvious and some less so. Let's start with the obvious ones. Healing is, by definition, an energy management tool. Whether you believe that you approach some external force (god/goddess/angel/ universe/whatever) and request their intervention, or whether you deliberately apply streams of energy directly at your recipient, what you are doing is directing force with will at another human being. Healing is extremely intimate. Would you poke about in a total stranger's knickers drawers without their knowledge and approval? If the answer to that is no, then you most certainly should not be messing with their energies. And if the answer is yes might I suggest you need your boundary-drawing abilities assessed?

Despite my flippancy I'm deadly serious about this.

Next reason - energy works. Will works. Not everybody is particularly proficient at managing either. Deliberate directions of energy and will to an expressed manifest end -will- impact on our world. At the very least we need to acknowledge that, and realise that, for better or worse, we will make a difference. We have a Karmic responsibility to account for each and every act of Will we perform. And when we action Will without first considering how that action will impact on others, we have acquired a debt which must necessarily be repaid. If we act without responsibility, we are failing to acknowledge our own power and impact. and if we do that, we can expect the Universe to extract full and complete payment.

Next reason - people become ill or injured for any number of reasons. And their attitude to being ill or injured is by no means predictable. Since we cannot -know- why a person has fallen ill, nor adequately assess their attitude to the situation unless they choose to tell us, we have no idea at all whether they want our help, need our help, will safely receive our help, etc etc etc.

Those of you who know me well will know that this is a topic I can get very foreceful about so I'll climb off my soapbox - but these matters are exceedingly serious, and really must be built into the conscious healing practises of all would-be healers.

Loadsa love
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Re: Ethics with regard to healing

Postby Alvaz » 11 Jan 2013, 14:11

I like this. I think it is rude for people to beg for healing magick, as it suggests they do not believe in their own personal power. Why request others to heal you? To me it is an act of desperation. Healing magick is something that works best when it is given as decided by the person healing without the influence of being asked to do so, especially by a stranger. This creates a circle of positive energy which may ultimately create a bond between the people involved. We must also understand that everything happens in correlation with the universal law. Sometimes we humans may be frustrated with the circumstances the universe has bestowed unto us, but always the law of choice is under our control and there be always at least three sides to everything. Our circumstance is shaped by our past choices and only can the presence be improved upon by learning from our mistakes in order to take control of our lives using such universal laws. Each individual has the power to overcome their circumstance, no matter how terrible it may seem. Some may require guidance, we all require guidance at some point in our life, but never shall we depend upon the life-force of another to continue making choices for ourselves. For every end, a beginning.

So I must ask, do you find it appropriate that so many people join these forums to request "healing" from experienced healers, or shall these people of experience simply guide them in an effort to help them understand the power that they already possess?
Last edited by Alvaz on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Alvaz
Angel Cake
Angel Cake

Postby Jan » 11 Jan 2013, 21:31

I'm really sorry - it's been a heavy day and I am tired, so perhaps I am not reading your post clearly - but I find it contradictory and inconsistent. You say you like the post then postulate a lot of things in direct opposition to it.

Do you not believe that all living beings, creatures et al are interconnected? If not, then you will probably not be able to understand the logic of joining with others in order to build effectual power.

I am hazarding a guess that you have perhaps not ever been exceedingly ill. If that happens to you, the first thing you will discover is that those ihighly trained magickal instincts, concentration, sustained visualisation and clearly directed Will are the first casualties. This is not a speculation. It's a fact. Speak to terminal patients if you need to learn more (carefully). Whilst the desire to heal and recover may remain strong and unwavering, the human spirit is more easily dulled by degenerating disease than you might imagine when you have no experience of it.

I'll not waste my time on commenting about healing without consent - I do not think I could have been more clear in the original post.

I think your view of why people become ill is perhaps too finite. There are a million reasons for illness....some are the result of self-fulfilling prophesies or actions - but many - perhaps most are not. We are not born victims of our circumstance - we choose to become victim as one of several options available to us - no more is the sick person entirely "responsible" for their illness than is the bigot, the ignorant nor the fool of their blights. We are born into the circumstances that best teach us what we need to learn. It is our choice to decide if we do or do not. And I am much too old to spend my time standing in judgement on the choices people make.

As for your final question - the teacher can only teach when the student is willing to learn. Otherwise they must simply paper over the cracks until the student develops the depth of insight to relegate the ego to the "useful tool" drawer and determines that learning from somebody else's experience and wisdom saves them a great deal of time and fruitless effort.

I have paste and paper......

:hello:

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby Alvaz » 12 Jan 2013, 08:12

I love the power of ego, I can truly express myself without the credit of others, who needs credit! I'm miserable and I can appreciate it! There is no consequence to ego that I have not survived and I can be so passionate in casting my hatred of the human race, it is phenomenal!!! Cut me, curse me, kill me, and I'll rejoice!!! I think I finally understand the initiation of a human spirit into a totally evil presence, counter-healing!
Last edited by Alvaz on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Alvaz
Angel Cake
Angel Cake

Return to Healing Forum