Celtic Cross Help!

The general forum for chatting about anything related to Tarot and beyond.

Moderator: Jan

Celtic Cross Help!

Postby mary8elizabeth » 09 Jul 2016, 12:01

Hello!

I am new to the practice of tarot and think I may have been a bit over zealous in trying the Celtic Cross spread!

I was wondering if you might be able to provide some insight, I do not feel comfortable making connections between cards yet and feel more lost than when I started!

I prompted my spread by asking about my application to medical school in the U.S. and this is what I dealt:

1. the Aeon
2. Two of Wands
3. Lust
4. Empress
5. Queen of Wands
6. the Tower
7. Wheel of Fortune
8. Two of Swords
9. Eight of Swords and the Lovers (I'm not sure if I performed the clarification correctly)
10. Nine of Disks

Any insight or advice would be appreciated!
Last edited by mary8elizabeth on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
mary8elizabeth

Re: Celtic Cross Help!

Postby Aoibhegreine » 09 Jul 2016, 22:55

Hello and welcome to the journey. As a relative newbie myself I fully understand your position but the CC (Celtic Cross) is actually one of the easiest spreads to start with and was my go to. Some will disagree but that's the case for me. One slight issue with the CC is that there are sooooo many versions that we really do need the position to give an accurate reading but with none available I'll read the spread with my own version.

My first impression is the 6 majors. You have Aeon (also known as Judgement), Lust (also known as strength), The Empress, The Tower, The Wheel of Fortune and the Lovers. The first card regards the situation and the Aeon or judgement tells me that you are at a cross roads in your life and you feel you have found your calling. Rather interestingly that 2 of wands speaks of indecision or hesitation. You are not entirely certain if this is the right course to take or if this is for you. There is some doubt, an interesting concept because the second position is what's crossing you or the bridge you need to cross to get to where you want to be. Position 3 is the root of this situation. For me Lust or Strength here represents a tenacity to not give up or to be thwarted once you've decided on something. In some instances Strength asks you to feel the fear and do it anyway but with cards like the Tower I feel it is more a warning. I get the feeling that this decision may stem from stubborness rather than the need to follow this path. An interesting aside. In my own life I had a similar situation. For years I dreamed of working in the film industry, I put years of study into it and 6 years later I'm no closer to reaching my goal but I still stubbornly refused to let my dream go, viewing it as giving up. Over the last 6 months my personal spiritual journey has taught me to trust my intution and the Universe far more than I used to. Since I've found the flow I've not had that overwhelming need to follow that dream, I'm now more open to hearing and finding my path. In hindsight I can see I was hanging on to that goal so tight because I knew of no other way to move forward and out of fear hung on too tight. Now I know where I need to go, doing it well that's another story. :D . Position 4 is the past and your current decision lies with your need to nuture, care for and mother others. You are a nuturer, a carer and quite possibly an Empath. Ah, now this begins to make sense. The Queen of Wands which for me sits in the High Consciousness position. She is a remarkable, fiercely determined woman with great seer capablities and is greatly intuned with her environment. She is fierce due to her element being fire and her passion is unrivaled but take care, without tempering the fiercest of fires can rampage. I think she is who you need to concentrate on becoming. Basically, you need to trust your instincts more often and maybe focus on a medical discipline that will allow you the range to utilise these gifts more. Oh, but then there's that Tower. We do have a bit to do with each other recently and although it may appear devastating to begin with it is a blessing in disguise. I've had the Tower twice now. First was for me relating to the breaking out of a situation I had found myself within and it turned out to be the best thing ever. The second is in relation to my mother and her losing her job. Although this situation has not completed itself yet we are not overly concerned as we've already planned what happens next. Again, it is a good thing. To me this Tower asks that you examine your decision and really look at it to discover if it's really what you want. I'm not sure if this Tower relates to the gaining or the lose of placement within Medical School. Position 7, that which we bring to the table is the Wheel of Fortune. A card that speaks of change, of creating our own luck. It asks that you look closely at what you want and to understand that there is a time and place for everything. The Wheel turns and not always as we hope it would. Be mindful of who you are and where you ultimately end up. You have the power to affect the outcome but only if you are fully aware of the situation. The 2 of Swords in position 8, your environment. This is a hard card but also a stage card so things may not be as bad as they appear. This card speaks of decisions, stalemate and cross purposes. Your new spiritual journey may cause conflict with long held beliefs and when we first begin our journey we tend to hang onto the things we know since the unknown is a little scary. There is a lot of uncertainty here, even if it is not apparent. One this that has come to mind here as well is that you might be following the wishes of your parents and may not feel that you can pursue your own path. This card will reflect that conflict and ask that you listen to your intuition to find a way forward. Ah, now this is very, interesting and very revealing. The 8 of swords with the lovers in the fears and hopes position. the 8 represents being trapped with no way out, restrictions, entrapment and being backed into a corner. The card depiction is that of a woman bound and surrounded by swords. To me this speaks of a fear of being trapped in a decision that you don't want but feel you have no way to get out of it. This conflicts with following your dream and once again the Lovers shows a fear of making the wrong decision. And then we end on the 9 of disks in the outcome position. The nine speaks of financial security and success but I can't help but feel that this means you will be financailly successful but at what cost? I can't help but feel your job will end up taking over your life leaving you with very little.

I will apologise for the length of this and the fact that this might come as a shock. If you need any further help just ask.

Good Luck
Aoi
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby mary8elizabeth » 10 Jul 2016, 00:06

Dear Aoi,

Do not apologize for the length of your response, it was very much appreciated!

I want to make sure I fully understand your interpretation of the cards, you feel as though the cards are showing me I am at a cross roads as a determined and nurturing young woman who has self doubt and is approaching a great change in my life which will leave me feeling bound unless I truly reflect on this path?

I guess my one point of confusion is that the cards seem to be telling me "the ball is in my court" when I feel the opposite, I feel as though my life is on hold waiting for a response.

I'm sorry to add in more to discover!

Warmest wishes,
Mary
Last edited by mary8elizabeth on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
mary8elizabeth

Postby Aoibhegreine » 10 Jul 2016, 13:45

Never apologise for seeking clarity. That's the whole point of this journey.

The ball is always in our court, that's the power of Free Will. The power to choose our path, we just can't choose the consequence. For me the spread was uncertain as to whether the path you've currently set for yourself is the right one long term. I can't help but feel there is some doubt or hestitancy to it all. Maybe this hesitation comes from your uncertainty of gaining entry but with the Tower, The Wheel of Fortune, the 8 of Swords and the 2 of wands I think there is another avenue you need to explore. As I said before, it might come down to the branch of medicine you wish to practice. All I know for certain is the hesitancy. For further clarity I would do another spread with a far more focused question as a too open question can leave us with a very broad answer, the case here. What exactly were you trying to determine with this spread? Make that the focus of your next spread and post it here. I'll be happy to take a look.

One thing I will say, or rather repeat since Jan has told me this numerous times, trust your instinct! If it feels right, and I mean right down inside where the spirit lies right, then it's right. If not, walk away. Life is not about the achievements but the journey.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Jan » 12 Jul 2016, 20:44

I do love it when people quote me....mostly ;-)

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby headincloud » 25 Oct 2016, 01:46

1. the Aeon
2. Two of Wands
3. Lust
4. Empress
5. Queen of Wands
6. the Tower
7. Wheel of Fortune
8. Two of Swords
9. Eight of Swords and the Lovers (I'm not sure if I performed the clarification correctly)
10. Nine of Disks

Wondering if the issue here is a major life choice between a man and family or a career, if not perhaps you'd have to leave your mother. 2W isn't a good card for relationships though it probably started well one of you has withdrawn. With the wheel and tower it seems the opportunity is there but the 2 2s are stagnant and the 8S has you hemmed in, the major choice in the lovers seemingly has you opting for a single self sufficient life.
Last edited by headincloud on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
headincloud

Return to Tarot & Mystical