The "I'm stuck" spread

The general forum for chatting about anything related to Tarot and beyond.

Moderator: Jan

The "I'm stuck" spread

Postby Aoibhegreine » 04 Jul 2016, 11:32

Hi all

Some added insight would be greatly appreciated here please. The spread is quite simple but I would just like some affirmation that I'm reading it correctly and not seeing what I want to see. This comes after an argument with my Mother which was very carthic for me but not necessarily great for a future relationship but at least it cleared the air. The spread is done in relation to me moving forward out of this rut I've been in for 5 years. I won't provide my insight until after just in case I influence the reading. It is as follows and I used the Legacy Divine deck:

1) Your Current situation: 8 of Coins

2) Why you are stuck: 5 of cups

3) The Key to getting unstuck: The Fool

4) How to not get restuck: King of Coins

I also had 2 jumpers and pulled a shadow card (taken from the bottom of the deck) which are:

Jumpers: The Hermit, 3 of Wands

Shadow: Strength

Thank you.
Aoi
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Aoibhegreine

Re: The "I'm stuck" spread

Postby JudyK » 05 Jul 2016, 06:42

Aoibhegreine wrote:1) Your Current situation: 8 of Coins
2) Why you are stuck: 5 of cups
3) The Key to getting unstuck: The Fool
4) How to not get restuck: King of Coins
I also had 2 jumpers and pulled a shadow card (taken from the bottom of the deck) which are:
Jumpers: The Hermit, 3 of Wands
Shadow: Strength

I don't get an overall sense of the reading, so I'll just mention the things that jumped out at me. And bear in mind that I "see" Tarot in standard RWS.

1) I recently pulled the 8 of Coins and it actually flagged up "stuck in a rut". Doing the same thing over and over. If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. :)
If finances are an issue it might suggest that your income and therefore your options are limited at this time.
2) Holding onto the past. I don't think I need to elaborate.
3) Follow your heart, take a chance, but...
4) Make sure you've got your material/financial situation sorted. You don't need to have stacks of money, but you do need to be in control.

The jumpers and the shadow I feel are probably too closely tied to your psyche/energy for me to attempt.

Judy
Last edited by JudyK on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
JudyK

Postby Aoibhegreine » 05 Jul 2016, 08:29

That makes so much sense, thank you. Couldn't figure out that 5 of cups or that King but that resonates with my feelings so thank you.
Aoibhegreine

Postby JudyK » 05 Jul 2016, 18:12

Well, it was just my take, but if it helps then you're welcome. :) Good luck!
Last edited by JudyK on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
JudyK

Postby prc » 06 Jul 2016, 11:54

ok, i'll take a gander at it.

it would seem to me that the cards indicate that, despite the rut for five years, you're on the path you should be on. the eight of pentacles implies a steady road to getting what you need. it implies that you are really working toward what you want, but that five of cups indicates you've butted your head up against the wall of disappointment (in particular, you will not take just any job or living situation, but instead it is very important you are true to yourself). i like the fool, and the king of pentacles together. i wonder if the cards suggest you buckle down, take a risk. perhaps take something that you would not normally find satisfying, but may lead you to something you will find more in line with what you want down the road?

i hope i am some help. i have not been on the forums much, so i'm not sure where everyone is on their journeys. very best luck!
Last edited by prc on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
prc

Postby Aoibhegreine » 06 Jul 2016, 15:23

prc wrote:ok, i'll take a gander at it.

it would seem to me that the cards indicate that, despite the rut for five years, you're on the path you should be on. the eight of pentacles implies a steady road to getting what you need. it implies that you are really working toward what you want, but that five of cups indicates you've butted your head up against the wall of disappointment (in particular, you will not take just any job or living situation, but instead it is very important you are true to yourself). i like the fool, and the king of pentacles together. i wonder if the cards suggest you buckle down, take a risk. perhaps take something that you would not normally find satisfying, but may lead you to something you will find more in line with what you want down the road?

i hope i am some help. i have not been on the forums much, so i'm not sure where everyone is on their journeys. very best luck!

Thanks prc, that does help. The fool seems to fit with my current intuition so I think I shall follow him for a bit. :D
Aoibhegreine

Postby dandelionwine » 19 Jul 2016, 13:46

Hi Aoibhegreine
Had a ponder and wouldn't usually butt in and comment as a newbie but I think the Fool means just try your luck, don't over think things. Just go for it if you see something (a new job for example) with childlike optimism. Trust in the universe to stop you stepping over that ledge! See it all as an adventure.
Aoibhegreine wrote:3) The Key to getting unstuck: The Fool

.............Obviously............... use sound judgement, but you get my drift of what I think your key to getting unstuck is.
Last edited by dandelionwine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
dandelionwine

Postby Aoibhegreine » 19 Jul 2016, 18:53

Thanks, Dandelionwine. Already on that path. :D Just have to keep on letting go which is harder than it appears.
Aoibhegreine

Postby seedling » 02 Aug 2016, 20:10

1) Your Current situation: 2 of Cups
2) Why you are stuck: 4 of Cups
3) The Key to getting unstuck: Death
4) How to not get restuck: 9 of Wands
I am emotionally worn..trying to alter habits, ge more loving, ego fights every inch!
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby Aoibhegreine » 02 Aug 2016, 23:04

That looks pretty obvious to me Sweetie.

You're looking to have a better relationship with yourself (2 of cups) but you focusing on the wrong thing. The 4 of cups tells me your hoping for something to happen, maybe even awaiting a sign. The Death card says the only way to get unstuck is to transform your life or change something. Might be as simple as workng on that 4. The 9 of wands say to just keep going.

Good luck.
Aoibhegreine

Next

Return to Tarot & Mystical