Got lucky in a charity shop at the weekend

The general forum for chatting about anything related to Tarot and beyond.

Moderator: Jan

Re: Got lucky in a charity shop at the weekend

Postby Carot » 11 Dec 2014, 18:53

I was a member of the Emin for many years. We did a lot of work around the Frown Strong tarot - music, movement, all sorts. The pack is based around Leo's work in esoteric areas. He was the leader of the Emin and the most extraordinary person I've ever met or heard about. I helped to write and edit a book published by the Emin on this tarot pack but I'm not sure it was ever available generally. Leo's book, 'Frown Strong', was published for anyone to buy and I'd highly recommend it, if you can find a copy. However, it's not narrative-based, so don't expect a beginning-middle-end story. When Leo taught, he would follow a theme but in a web-building kind of way, so that the experience was immersive and affected a lot of different levels in oneself, not just the structure-loving brain. I've visited a lot of esoteric groups, and met a lot of leaders of them and for me what was different about Leo was the fact he actually read you - not just made general comments, but could see you and what you were thinking/feeling, and read that back to you. This was in fact, how Emin teaching worked best - and I did a lot of that too - not by telling people stuff but by first being aware of what is present in people, the atmosphere of the room, the content of the work, and second by being able to work with that to produce something new. It didn't always happen for most of us of course, but very exciting when it did!

Jenny
Last edited by Carot on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Carot

Postby Jan » 12 Dec 2014, 21:21

So Jenny...you dig up a two-year old thread to post this?

I recognise this is an informative post which is why it was not deleted immediately. I do not tolerate unauthorised advertising here.

If you are actually interested in this forum you will come back in the next couple of days and explain your actions to me. If not it is for the big red D button. And you are for the big red ban button......

So......if a person comes to this forum willing to contribute overall to the community I welcome them. If they come here even with a fairly reasonable advertisement and do not explain why they have done that.....then I really do not like them (and that is putting my feeling mildly).

So.....clock's ticking.....

Regards
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby AnthonyW » 17 Jul 2016, 15:28

Over the decades the Emin Tarot has been extensively used as a carrot to attract students. I find it amusing to see that this trend still continues.

The Frown Strong artist Tagir and others ran a Tarot stall in Camden Lock and various Emin members could be found giving readings from time to time in the cafes and restaurants of the Hampstead area. Years later I spotted Tagir touting for custom in a London museum cafeteria and later still in the mid nineties I came across Tarot stalls set up in Covent Garden.
Last edited by AnthonyW on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
AnthonyW

Postby JudyK » 18 Jul 2016, 11:17

Argh! I'm forever haunting the "game" shelves and baskets in our local charity shops, well any charity shop I stumble across actually, and I never find anything even remotely Tarot-y. Very lucky indeed, well done! :good:
Last edited by JudyK on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
JudyK

Postby seedling » 04 Aug 2016, 17:20

If i don't have my cards or want a different approach i use {The Osho Tarot} (edited by admin)

I work at such a charity and i come across Tarot twice a year..
Last edited by Jan on 15 Aug 2016, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby JudyK » 04 Aug 2016, 18:57

[quote="seedling"]If i don't have my cards or want a different approach i use these:

Oh my goodness. Thank you for sharing this, seedling. Seriously! I clicked on the link, chose the Osho Zen Tarot because I have that one and I like it, clicked on the Diamond Spread out of curiosity and mindlessly "pulled" the 5 cards...

This afternoon we made arrangements to have our lovely old Blue Boy cat put down tomorrow. Here are the cards I "mindlessly" selected:
Issue: Sorrow
Internal influence: Courage
External influence: Clinging to the Past
What is needed for resolution: Letting Go
Resolution: Creativity

This is why I love Tarot. It just works. Even when you're not trying and it's only an app anyway - it flipping works! Magic. :)

(Please do not post links in forum posts without prior permission - thanks - Jan)
Last edited by Jan on 15 Aug 2016, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
JudyK

Postby seedling » 04 Aug 2016, 20:04

JudyK wrote:
seedling wrote:If i don't have my cards or want a different approach i use these:
Oh my goodness. Thank you for sharing this, seedling. Seriously! I clicked on the link, chose the Osho Zen Tarot because I have that one and I like it, clicked on the Diamond Spread out of curiosity and mindlessly "pulled" the 5 cards...

This afternoon we made arrangements to have our lovely old Blue Boy cat put down tomorrow. Here are the cards I "mindlessly" selected:
Issue: Sorrow
Internal influence: Courage
External influence: Clinging to the Past
What is needed for resolution: Letting Go
Resolution: Creativity

This is why I love Tarot. It just works. Even when you're not trying and it's only an app anyway - it flipping works! Magic. :)
I love Osho for the educational lessons too, like Jan's description..
The Osho Zen Tarot Cards are so awesome in design, the obvious illusions and the downright magnificent divine cards..
And before finding this website, I had never heard of the 4 other Osho decks, except the Transformation ones.. and those all are highly useful in their own way!

ENJOY!!
Last edited by Jan on 15 Aug 2016, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Previous

Return to Tarot & Mystical