Tarot or Angel Cards?

The general forum for chatting about anything related to Tarot and beyond.

Moderator: Jan

Tarot or Angel Cards?

Postby leeka » 18 Aug 2008, 00:15

I have both sets of cards, i did a reading for myself last week using my Angel cards & i loved the reading, as i always do, but when i do a reading from my Tarot cards i do get worried when they will say lol.
I have found with the Angel cards, you never really get anything bad, but with the Tarot cards i often get bad lol, as in the tower & quite often the 10 of swords.

I was wondering which you like to use & why are they so different?
leeka

Re: Tarot or Angel Cards?

Postby Jan » 18 Aug 2008, 11:39

Tarot all the way ;-)

Got really put off when I realised that Doreen Virtue's angelic info doesn't coincide with all the other commentators on angelic correspondences and functions over the years....I still don't really understand how come that's happening.

Loadsa love
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby leeka » 19 Aug 2008, 17:14

I must admit when i want answers i stick to the tarot as they do tell you so much more.
leeka

Postby AmethystWolf » 20 Aug 2008, 14:52

No preference. Both are a benefit in different situations - tarot allows you to see things clearly, in my opinion, whereas angel cards allow you to heal yourself. Oh, but I don't mean to say POOF! you pick up a card and you're healed (or another person is healed). They allow you to work with the angels for healing and tarot helps you see clearly if you can look at them objectively. Tarot does throw up a lot of bad stuff sometimes but the 'stuff' answers your questions, no? One of my friends said: "But if you're gonna die, the angel cards aren't gonna tell you!" I don't think they would tell you directly but would indicate a stage of transformation in your life, so I guess you would know in a way. Anyway, both are a benefit and I think angel cards are better at times when you're feeling a bit fragile and maybe can't face tarot cards.

Sorry... rambling a bit.
"If you want a stable relationship, buy a horse" <3

Keeping faith through the worst <3
AmethystWolf

Postby leeka » 23 Aug 2008, 18:19

Thank you Amethystwolf you have put it in a beautiful way, & you have made me look at the cards in a different way now lol
Thank you for that hun xx
leeka

Postby Celeste » 16 Oct 2008, 14:51

I had a beautiful set of Angel cards quite some time ago, admittedly the readings are not as concise as a tarot reading, but i did do a reading for myself, as my state of mind was fragile at the time and trying to read tarot at that time just was not happening!

I was amazed at the way the Angel cards i chose mirrored my situation and the advice/answers really helped me.

But as Tarot is my main passion i felt i did not have time to do both, so i gave them to my step-daughter who is very intune with Angel cards and she loves them.

I do feel though that Angel cards and tarot could compliment each other in some situations..for me anyway, and more so after i went to see a pychic tarot reader, she was amazing and she used tarot to do my reading and then used some Angel cards which were the actually angels on them, she used them once in the middle of the tarot reading, and it all seemed to flow perfectly.

I have been seriously thinking of starting out again with the Angel cards but gradually.. and then probably if it feels right to me, introducing them in my tarot readings.

Im definately intrigued with your post jan and would like to know more of your thoughts on it.
I have seen Doreen Virtue's angel cards as my step-daughter has alot of them, the cards that i owned were not by her though..

Celeste x
Celeste

Postby Jan » 19 Oct 2008, 18:28

There's a huge body of angelic lore, built up over literally the last four or five centuries by some of the leading visionaries and occultists of all time right up to the present day, including a remarkably well-confirmed set of correspondences whose effectiveness has been proven over and over again. She ignores the whole kit and caboodle, instead (on the last perusal I did of any of her work unless she's done some studying since) bunging in her own (somewhat wild and unconfirmed) ideas. Put me right off. But then I study the original tradition.

:D

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby Celeste » 19 Oct 2008, 20:54

Thanks Jan, as i have not studied the angelic lore and i admit my knowledge of this is non existant, i think if i do decide to pursue further i will definately go down the route of the traditional and give her a miss!
Angelic lore as you have discribed sounds fascinating and i would much prefer to study it properly with all the available history etc, that i can find before i even think about using it.

One more question, with all the Doreen Virtue angel cards out there(and i have seen loads!) can you recommend cards which would or could be used with the traditional angelic lore, or perhaps you don't have to use any?
See Jan.. knowledge of this completly non existant!

Celeste x
Celeste

Postby Jan » 20 Oct 2008, 06:20

Never looked too hard into any of them to be frank. I really was sincerely a bit put off with my discoveries with the Virtue cards.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby akamir » 20 Oct 2008, 18:33

I have the Doreen Virtue`s Mermaid cards and have used them a lot and read several of DV`s books at the recommendation of a friend. I personally find that the angel cards were great for my periods of intense healing when all i really needed was tender compassion. At the time I was not dealing with issues of everyday life, but was in an intense period of internal healing. And I am thankful for the support the cards gave me.

But for grounding...

the tarot, for me, is more grounding and about healing through awareness and `getting your hands dirty` by learning things through life.

Speaking from my own experience (and mistakes) and shared experiences of a friend who follows DV and angel cards and who, when I tried to share my affinity to tarot, told me tarot was `archaic and negative`, angel cards can potentially enable escapism.

I love the Osho Transformational tarot story of `pray to Allah, but tether your camel`, meaning, God`s hands are our hands, the universe works through us, not for us. So if you don`t want your camel stolen, tie it down, but trust Allah after you`ve done all you can. For me, Doreen Virtue`s approach is `pray to Allah to tie down your camel.` That camel`s going to get stolen, and someone misinterpreting the angel cards may think it was stolen because they `didn`t trust enough`, when they shoulda tied down that damned camel to begin with...

Not that I do not feel there is something there. I just do not think I will get to THAT point of complete direct manifestation and trust unless I am enlightened. And I am quite certain I am not enlightened.
akamir

Next

Return to Tarot & Mystical