Howdy!

Come and say hello and tell us a little about yourself!

Moderator: Jan

Howdy!

Postby merrick » 05 Dec 2015, 14:39

Hiya everyone, I'm new. Thank you for letting me join your forum.

I'm 35 years old, never married, no children, Cancer woman. I'm a pretty emotional being -- sometimes overly emotional -- and I wear my heart on my sleeve. Sometimes, this leads me to getting hurt a lot, but also it allows me to have wonderful experiences with trustworthy people. I'm very dedicated to my work, career driven. This has been the one constant and most victorious aspect in my life, of which I'm extremely grateful. I have not been as lucky in love . I'm a serial long-term dater, and am overly nurturing and giving of myself, without receiving much in return... sometimes to the point of emotional depletion. Relationships last anywhere between 3-6 years, then end with no commitment from him. But I'm not sour about it. I do love love. And I love the lessons learned, but I am constantly question what a nice, attractive, successful woman like myself is doing alone... I digress.

I'm a novice at tarot. I've had a few different decks over my lifetime, but just recently got back into reading. I mostly just read spreads for myself, I still have a bunch to learn. Jan, your site has been very helpful with understanding the card meanings in my Thoth deck, so thank you very much. I really enjoy the affirmations.

I hope to learn more while I'm here and maybe find some truths as I strive to better move through this world and improve myself as a person

All the best!
Last edited by merrick on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
merrick

Re: Howdy!

Postby Seraphina » 05 Dec 2015, 21:39

Hi merrick, welcome to the forum!
Some of what you say resonates with me quite a bit... I am a Pisces, I know what it's like to love, love! unfortunately I've not (yet) met mr right, not sure if he even exists, but hey, never say never! Lol.. :grin:

We are a friendly bunch here, our forum is small but perfectly formed and most of us breeze in and out, so it's all pretty relaxing...
I've been studying and reading tarot for over a decade, I only read for myself occasionally, mainly because I find it hard to be objective, my emotions get in the way! So I mainly read for others and find I have no problem with that at all!

I hope you enjoy it here, I look forward to your posts :)
Last edited by Seraphina on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Postby merrick » 06 Dec 2015, 14:25

Hi Seraphina! Thank you for the warm welcome. During your studies, have you gravitated to one type of deck, or do you find that different decks suit different needs and spreads? Have you picked up one, only later to replace it with another that you feel resonates more with you? Just curious on how you have evolved in your practice with regards to your deck(s). :)
merrick

Postby Seraphina » 06 Dec 2015, 22:18

When I first started I learnt with the RWS which I found very easy to learn with mainly because there is so much info on that deck.. Throughout the years I have used and collected many decks, I've also sold and traded a lot too!

At the moment my go to deck is The Pictorial Key tarot deck, it is a clone of the RWS, but more pleasing on the eye, well it is for me, I tend to stay with one deck now a days, some decks I've had in the past have been visually stunning but I've not connected with them, so they have just stayed in my collection.
I do know that some tarot readers will use different decks for different types of readings, I did try that, but to be honest I found that confusing, so because I learnt with the classic Rider-Waite-Smith, I stay with those core meanings but have delevoped and expanded on those depending on what type of readings I'm doing, which is a good thing, but I do not stray from the base meanings, it works for me and the people I read for are happy, which is the most important thing! :)
Last edited by Seraphina on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Postby Aoibhegreine » 07 Dec 2015, 10:43

Hi Merrick

Welcome to the forum. As Seraphina has said we're small but perfectly formed. I'm also a tarot novice so you're in good company. Currently I'm using Ciro Marchetti decks The Gilded Tarot and the Legacy Divine and an Oracle The Enchanted Map. Each has it's own feel and way of answering so I tend to go for the one that calls more.

Good luck and happy studies.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby merrick » 07 Dec 2015, 23:51

Hi Aoibhegreine! Thank you for the warm welcome and the insight on the variety of decks you are using. I can't say that I'm familiar with any of them. But very interesting that you feel a pull to each one differently at different times. :)
merrick

Return to Hello I'm New!