Good day and hello

Come and say hello and tell us a little about yourself!

Moderator: Jan

Good day and hello

Postby BlueTortoise » 01 Jun 2014, 14:23

I am a woman, of a certain age living life to its fullest in the High Mountain Desert of the Southwest USA.

My life revolves around my chicken flock, two goats, eight dogs, and one elegantly unique husband. I began a serious study of tarot in the Autumn of 1999. Over the years I have collected a couple hundred decks--from the arcane to post-modern--and nearly that many books.

I LOVE to talk tarot and look forward to getting to know all of you!
Last edited by BlueTortoise on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
The tarot is the Book of Life for those willing to lay it out for revelation and guidance, and then to use its archetypal energies with wisdom and purpose to win at the Game of Life. ~Carl Llewellyn Weschcke
BlueTortoise

Re: Good day and hello

Postby Aoibhegreine » 01 Jun 2014, 16:10

Hello and welcome. Hope you enjoy your time with us.
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Jan » 01 Jun 2014, 20:44

Welcome to Angel Paths. I look forward to getting to know you. Which of those decks is your current favourite?

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby BlueTortoise » 01 Jun 2014, 22:18

I have a special place in my heart for Earth-centric decks and my current most studied deck in that catagory is Tarot of the Four Elements: Tribal Folklore, Earth Mythology, and Human Magic

Author: Isha Lerner
Artist: Amy Ericksen
Copyright © 2004 by Isha Lerner and Amy Ericksen
Published November 2004 Inner Traditions Bear & Company
ISBN: 1-59143-030-5

From the accompanying book, introduction page 3, “As we delve into the tarot with the intention of decoding the mystery of our life, we are led to the realization that the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana are a genuine representation of the sacred laws of nature, offered to us the suits (the elements, numbers (sacred geometry), and symbols (the images of life).”

Thanks for the welcomes.
The tarot is the Book of Life for those willing to lay it out for revelation and guidance, and then to use its archetypal energies with wisdom and purpose to win at the Game of Life. ~Carl Llewellyn Weschcke
BlueTortoise

Postby seedling » 02 Jun 2014, 06:26

Hi and welcome!

I used to use Tarot of the Cat People..
later re-started with RW; alongside Osho (online) which I find insightfull too
now I have Doreen Virtue's Angel Cards

Though your cards sound awesome too!
reminds me of cards I saw online ages ago.. hmmm, google-di-goog! :D
edit: ah, found them: Mother Earth cards
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby BlueTortoise » 02 Jun 2014, 14:24

Hi seedling, thanks for the welcome.

Mother Earth Cards are, IIRC, a 48-card set. The Tarot of the Four Elements is a 78-card deck, based, in part on the elemental attributes of the Golden Dawn.

The at is primitive-style and uses bright colours and folkloric symbols. For instance, the Fool wears an antler headdress and Temperance wears a gown filled with stars and the symbols of creation and infinity. The minor arcana are illustrated, but not scenic. Fire, astrologically associated with Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. Earth, associated with Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. Air, with Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius. And then Water, Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces.

It is an insightful deck and fun to use.
BlueTortoise

Postby BlueTortoise » 06 Jun 2014, 20:18

I understand, that I am a raw newbie herein. Truly, I do. Yet, I admit that I was expecting at least some response to my postings...no, not :yahoo: nor :amen: , but SOME response.

I am not insecure regarding my tarot understanding or background, yet with -> 1300+ members I thought (my problem, eh? Thinking...) that there would be at least a modicum of tarot talk. I understand that folks are horrifically busy and occupied or preoccupied with life in general. I too have the occupation and preoccupation, yet I come prepared to discuss tarot.

Further, I know that spring/early summer is full-on and many, if not most of us are up to our asses in alligators. I know, I feel them nipping at my big ass every minute.

However, acknowledging Jan's ultimate authority and leadership, is the ANYTHING that I, as a neophyte, can do to encourage tarot discussion? I admit, that I may be, and probably am, expecting too much.

Eh?
BlueTortoise

Postby BlueTortoise » 07 Jun 2014, 19:46

I am just going to assume I am experiencing the fallout from Mercury's entrance into the shadow zone and then phasing into the 1st decan of Cancer before going retrograde early today at 3º 10’ Cancer. Add the Mercury Square Moon and communication is apt to be skewed.

With just a bit of help from the cards I am actually looking forward to this Mercury retrograde...the signs all point to an increase in personal knowledge and at least a modicum of enjoyment.

It's in the stars and the cards.
BlueTortoise

Postby Jan » 24 Jun 2014, 18:13

He! Well so far as I am concerned I have been quiet because I was finishing final formatting on the 2nd Edition of the Guide to Tarot, and then just to be masochistic I did my accounts for tax as well.....I'm like that....cannot help it...I am a Capricorn through and through.....cut me in half and it would read "masochistic goat person".

But both challenges met and dealt with (save for corrections on the Guide) so I should emerge a bit.....

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Return to Hello I'm New!