I'm back..

Come and say hello and tell us a little about yourself!

Moderator: Jan

I'm back..

Postby Seraphina » 13 Oct 2013, 18:24

Hi All
I'm not new, but have been away from here for about 4 months and thought it best to post my return here!

So much much has happened in the last 4 months, which has stopped me from participating on AP...
Beginning of July I moved..that was fairly traumatic lol, then I was on holiday for 2 weeks, a beautiful, tranquil camping trip in the Yorkshire dales with my daughter, we loved it, so nice to spend quality time together.

But the worst thing that has happened to me was 6 weeks ago I was the victim of an assault, I was attacked from behind by a complete stranger, shoved so hard that it resulted in my shoulder breaking! The police are involved and I'm still recovering, I'm unable to work, it's just been an awful time...but here I am, I've missed AP, and while I can hardly do stuff with my injury at least I can type with one finger...it's good to be back!

Seraphina :D
Last edited by Seraphina on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Re: I'm back..

Postby Aoibhegreine » 13 Oct 2013, 18:41

Hello and welcome back.

And I'm sorry to hear about your assault. It's not a pleasant thing to under go and I do suggest martial arts training. For the confidence if nothing else.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Blessings
Aoi
Last edited by Aoibhegreine on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Seraphina » 13 Oct 2013, 19:20

Thankyou Aoi

Yes I am feeling less than confident at the moment, my consultant says that it will take 3 months to heal and then I have to undertake a period of physio... I'm not sure when I will return to work... At the moment I'm so restricted as to what I can do as I have to keep my arm still to aid the healing process..I'm sooo frustrated as I am an active person..

When I'm fully better I may look into the martial arts or some kind of self defence..
I have only just started looking at my tarot cards again, I just haven't been able to pick them up since my injury, strange I know, I cannot explain it, but I'm determined to get back into tarot as soon as possible.. I'm tempted to do a reading for myself and my situation...problem is, whilst I'm able to read for others quite easily, I have so much trouble reading for myself, especially if I'm overly emotional, I have tried before in the past when I have had issues to deal with and I draw a blank with the reading, I cannot focus or be objective...I might do one in a couple of days and post it here.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Postby Aoibhegreine » 13 Oct 2013, 19:51

I think the not reading the cards makes sense. I get the feeling that life is telling you to slow down, to take your time, to relax. Not an easy thing for an active person I know but now you have no choice in the matter! :D You needed the time to recover, emotionally, before you could be objective. Martial arts is a fantastic idea but if you can't do much movement talk to your physio about tai chi, it's basically a very slow form of Kung fu. A very good way to slowly get into the art form. I trained for years and it makes me more confident knowing that should something happen, I can handle it. It takes away that element of fear and gives you back the control.

I'm the same as you when it comes to self readings but what I have found is that I need to meditate before hand and not rush a reading. Notice the trend? :grin: So what I do, and you must find something that works for you, is I light some candles, ask my ancestors (or spirit guide I'm not sure which) for protection, activate my force field and then open and ground. I do this by just breathing for a few minutes, imagining that all feeling is washing away into the ground, all thoughts, etc and send them into the ground. I then open my crown chakra and draw in white light and love from the universe and send that into the ground as well so that I have a constant flow. Then I start opening up the other chakra's until I feel at peace and safe. This takes about 15 minutes to do and is worth it. Then and only then do I start my reading. It allows me the space to be objective in my own readings and I tend to then treat them as someone elses reading.

And yes, post it here and we'll take a look.

Aoi
Aoibhegreine

Postby Seraphina » 14 Oct 2013, 00:09

Aoibhegreine wrote:I'm the same as you when it comes to self readings but what I have found is that I need to meditate before hand and not rush a reading. Notice the trend? :grin: So what I do, and you must find something that works for you, is I light some candles, ask my ancestors (or spirit guide I'm not sure which) for protection, activate my force field and then open and ground. I do this by just breathing for a few minutes, imagining that all feeling is washing away into the ground, all thoughts, etc and send them into the ground. I then open my crown chakra and draw in white light and love from the universe and send that into the ground as well so that I have a constant flow. Then I start opening up the other chakra's until I feel at peace and safe. This takes about 15 minutes to do and is worth it. Then and only then do I start my reading. It allows me the space to be objective in my own readings and I tend to then treat them as someone elses reading.

And yes, post it here and we'll take a look.

Aoi

That's sounds a brilliant way to prepare for a reading :D it makes a lot of sense and something I have never tried for myself, I have always just shuffled, cut the deck and laid the cards, always too eager to see which cards appear... I like the idea of taking more time to ground myself, I'm not sure how to open my chakra's though, it's something I am not knowledgable in? But I love the idea of treating the reading as someone else's ... Thank you Aoi, I'm definitely going to try that out :D
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Postby Aoibhegreine » 14 Oct 2013, 12:17

Seraphina wrote:
That's sounds a brilliant way to prepare for a reading :D it makes a lot of sense and something I have never tried for myself, I have always just shuffled, cut the deck and laid the cards, always too eager to see which cards appear... I like the idea of taking more time to ground myself, I'm not sure how to open my chakra's though, it's something I am not knowledgable in? But I love the idea of treating the reading as someone else's ... Thank you Aoi, I'm definitely going to try that out :D

Yeah, I was the same, I WANT THE ANSWER NOW, which was pointless because I couldn't even understand it! :D Patience is something I've had to teach myself, it's something that I now do for about 80% of my life which is great. No more sense of being uptight. And it definitely helps to detach yourself from your reading otherwise emotions, and the ole ego, get in the way.

Chakra's. I once read something years ago that said each chakra is a lotus flower. So when you're opening each chakra you imagine the lotus opening up and showing it's light. The actual feeling is hard to explain but it feels like you've opened up your skin and body to the world. Don't expect to get it right first go because you won't. It took me a while to get the crown one right and that was only because I used my third eye instinctively so knew the feeling. I'm now working on my solar plexsus chakra as that's where I can communicate with the universe and receive info. Always have.

Good luck
Aoibhegreine

Postby Seraphina » 14 Oct 2013, 12:59

Thanks for the info on the chakra's, It is something that I will learn more about, every little bit helps in reading for ones self.

I find it most frustrating lol, I have been studying tarot for years and years and I have read for friends, relatives and strangers, (strangers are actually the best of all!) and although I do not consider myself a professional reader, I have done email readings for people I've never even met, I've prepared myself, taken my time, read the question that I'm being asked, cleared my mind, focused and shuffled, chose my cards, chose an appropriate spread with positional meanings, sometimes I've just done a 3 card free style reading, but I've always been confident, everything has flowed from me and I've been more than able to deliver a good and usually spot on reading for the seeker lol.....now why on earth can I not do that for myself??? I will try the suggestions you've given me Aoi..I'm determined to get there in the end lol :thumbsup:

Seraphina :D
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Postby Aoibhegreine » 14 Oct 2013, 13:10

Pleasure, I hope it helps but you do need patience and can't rush that one. Trust me, I've learnt that one. :D

I think there's an element of fear involved with readings for ourselves. what we read in those cards will affect our lives and not some stranger you've read for who will get on with life far removed from your own. Plus, I find that I prepare more for someone else than I do for myself, so I'm more open to the reading. Hence me learning to treat my own reading as someone elses, otherwise there's just no point in reading for myself at all.
Aoibhegreine

Postby Seraphina » 14 Oct 2013, 13:21

Aoibhegreine wrote:I think there's an element of fear involved with readings for ourselves. what we read in those cards will affect our lives and not some stranger you've read for who will get on with life far removed from your own. Plus, I find that I prepare more for someone else than I do for myself, so I'm more open to the reading. Hence me learning to treat my own reading as someone elses, otherwise there's just no point in reading for myself at all.

Hey that's it Aoi, the fear element! It's a bit like that saying "bit too close to home" I think you have Sussed out part of the problem that I and maybe others have... Hmmm, well it's time to address the fear and objectivity, I will start slowly, small chunks first and hopefully one day reading for myself will no longer be an issue for me.
Thanks Aoi your words have been most enlightening and have really helped :D
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Postby Aoibhegreine » 14 Oct 2013, 13:25

Awesome! I'm so happy when something I've learned or done helps others. Makes my rubbish life not so bad. :D

and I don't think it will take you that long at all to read for yourself now that you understand what's holding you back. Once we know what stops us, I think it's best to send up a prayer for the obstacle, if you know what I mean. :lol:
Aoibhegreine

Next

Return to Hello I'm New!