Blooming Marvelous!

Whether you have green fingers or brown thumbs, here's the place to talk about gardening and plants

Moderator: Jan

Blooming Marvelous!

Postby rainbowspirit » 13 Jun 2009, 09:39

Hi all.... just had to share that I managed to double the size of my little veg patch this week (from about 6' square to 6'x12' - and I even got beans, peas and a few sunflowers planted in last night :D

This was no mean feat - as I'm using large granite stones that used to be an outbuilding, and humping them around was a giggle, reminding me of muscles in places I'd forgotten :shock: :blush:

Tonight I'm going to ring fence the patch with chicken wire to keep the bunnies and our Jack Russells out - then I'll lie in wait and set traps for the slimies.

How's everyone else's garden growing?
Beth

crystals are coping stones along life's path
rainbowspirit

Re: Blooming Marvelous!

Postby Marlita » 06 Jul 2009, 01:23

Hi! I completely understand what a task that was!!! Fortunately I have Poor Hubby who does most/well I admit it - ALL of the lifting and pushing heavy stuff around for me (HUGEST SMILE)!! Sounds like you'll really be enjoying lots of healthy food very soon. My garden is really doing okay right now. LOTS of weeds and still have a few seeds and bulbs to plant and it's really getting late in the season. The weather here (OHIO - U.S.) is VERY strange this year. Feels like October or late Sept right now. Even Poor Daughter says the same thing and she is definitely NOT a gardener but she's beginning to try because young grandsons LOVE the idea. They picked their first tomato yesterday and were thrilled. (smile). Now just enjoy all the beauty and my only suggestion is to remember to plant a few flowers/herbs to enjoy too. Now have perfect day full of sunshine and happiness and everything perfect all floating into your life on butterfly wings. marlita the procrastinating gardener
Marlita

Postby rainbowspirit » 01 Aug 2009, 20:40

Just a little update.... and sorry to gloat a bit, but I've got beans, peas, carrots, lettuces, brocolli, pumpkins, onions, sweetcorn, leeks, courgettes, strawberries and potatoes all!!!

I just sent out a plea to neighbours and family for plants and seeds and to the Universe for a bit of divine help - an it worked! :yahoo:
Beth

rainbowspirit

Postby Jan » 01 Aug 2009, 22:39

Liam didn't even get his onions in yet ;-0

Loadsa love
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby Marlita » 04 Aug 2009, 22:47

WOW!! Rainbow Spirit, that sounds like a gorgeous success!! Now just enjoy and have a beautiful gardening day of wonderful rain and puff me a little rain. We're VERY dry here and many things either needing watering or dying! YUCK!!! Now enjoy all that fresh food and happiest gardening. Well, Liam, since onions a cool weather crop here, maybe just wait until early fall to try to plant them (smile). I have a LOT of plants that I've purchased on sale that need to go into the ground and since tomorrow isn't here yet, they're still waiting (smile). Hopefully, maybe, could be TOMORROW, but the grandsons are visiting so already know there's going to be NO extra time (hugest smile). marlita
Marlita

Postby Catori » 11 Mar 2010, 13:23

Jan/Liam - not sure whether I should post on the gardening forum or Kelle's :this:

I've read that White Moonstone is associated with Gardening and Fertility and attributed to nature, water, cycles, nurturing and fertilization. For gardening, wear during planting, weeding or watering and visualise your garden bursting with fertility as you work. Hang a small wind-chime and dangle these stones over your garden or bury a few small pebbles in the earth and see what happens!
Would love to know if anyone has tried this or is going to try this year and let us know how you get on - love Cat xxx :D
Catori

Postby Jan » 11 Mar 2010, 14:42

I'd be fascinated to know MUCH more about the use of crystals in gardening

Loadsa love
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby rainbowspirit » 20 Mar 2010, 16:18

I certainly use crystals in the garden :) (now there's a surprise :blush: )

I mainly use clear quartz that I've cleansed and programmed, but also have a useful lump of Sodalite for balancing what I've been taught/read with intuition when it comes to gardening - so I guess it's to help me more than the plants!
Beth

rainbowspirit

Postby Catori » 20 Mar 2010, 16:28

Farmers and gardeners have used Lepidolite for producing more abundant crops. I might give that a try this year and if I am blessed with extra from my allotment, I can share !!! :D
Catori

Postby Marlita » 12 Apr 2010, 02:37

Hi! It's finally beginning spring here so a LOT blooming and most are earlier than other years. I've put quartz both clear and rose quartz just where it "feels" right and enjoy the way the sun bounces off them. There's even a little clear quartz fountain that I've had for about four years that makes rainbows sometimes and although it's small, I really enjoy it. Don't know whether these help plants but they're truly wonderful for my spirit. I also LOVE rocks and there are rocks everywhere in the garden. Now do something really FUN and have a day full of butterflies bringing everything perfect into your life. marlita
Marlita

Return to Marlita's Gardening Forum