Spring will soon be here.

Whether you have green fingers or brown thumbs, here's the place to talk about gardening and plants

Moderator: Jan

Spring will soon be here.

Postby Cheryl angel » 05 Feb 2009, 02:28

Hi all,
hey Jan, it's here yeah. Glad to see Marlita's Gardening Forum here again.
Will be posting with some questions in near future.
Love, Cheryl.
Cheryl angel

Re: Spring will soon be here.

Postby Tigerice1 » 17 Mar 2009, 14:40

Yea :clapping: both for the forum and for Spring lol.Hoping that by the time equinox arrives my granddaughter will be here and Marlita can answer both kinds of questions for me!!!!! :blink: I want to start pruning,etc sooooo bad.
It's a Kind of Magic
Tigerice1

Postby Marlita » 28 Mar 2009, 20:57

AHHHH, Just got back after two weeks in California visiting my sister. We had wayyyyyy toooooo much FUN! (smile) It was freezing here in Ohio _ literally - when I left so really enjoyed the SUN and feel of late spring - early summer for the two weeks. Has been a usual early spring here with warm then cold then again warm temperatures here since I returned. SOOOO, waiting for spring which will probably be more stable the end of April and then gardening will once again begin. I'm starting a fairy garden in kinda show case very soon. It has a wood floor so am looking for a plastic container that will fit and if I can't find one, then it's back to POOR BILL to build me one (smile - but he will as we've already talked about it). Now do something fun and if your're in an early spring area have a great gardening day and wishing you a day of sunshine FUN and miracles that all float into your life on beams of light. marlita
Marlita

Postby Jan » 29 Mar 2009, 11:56

A fairy garden?

And HELLOOOOOOOO!

Loadsa love
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby Tigerice1 » 04 Apr 2009, 14:40

Great minds think alike .....almost. I'm looking around my place at what I need to do and the loudest thought is 'get the fairy circle" cleared out. See, when i first walked the property many years ago at the end of a path was a perfect circle under on of the trees and i felt the vibe of it being special. Now you all can help with it.

Also, started the grandma thing :yahoo: info is posted on other forums.

Glad to be able to say hi........
It's a Kind of Magic
Tigerice1

Postby Cheryl angel » 06 May 2009, 17:19

Hi Marlita, Jan, all,

I just read this thread now. lol
Hey good news, haven't killed any plants lately. I have three plants that I planted in garden (well actually my ex did the planting). I potted and looked after them til they were ready to plant.
Did so last July and they are doing well.
We haven't had a lot of warm days yet but will soon.

Maybe my plant killing days are over. LOL. But these are outdoor ones so maybe that makes a difference. I better not get house plants. LOL
Take care,
Love, Cheryl.
Cheryl angel

Postby rainbowspirit » 13 May 2009, 12:07

Hi - I've just joined in on the Tarot Forum, and then spotted this gardening one too - brilliant!

This year.... I'm hoping to grown something more than fat slugs - which were huge last year, thanks to all that rain, and my not liking slug pellets. This year, I started loads of seeds off.... and they got eaten by mice, lol.

Maybe a garden for the elements and faeries is the way to go!
Beth

crystals are coping stones along life's path
rainbowspirit

Postby Tigerice1 » 21 May 2009, 11:54

Ahh rainbow been there lol. I am so behind on everything! Think this is the year I start to enjoy whats already on my property than plant new. So far growing well are the squirrels,chipmunks and racoons :blink:

The animals coming to visit with all the stuff being so high has helped me not feel too bad. My favorite visit has been from a red fox. I was concerned about her size and eating some of the stuff (rancid meat from garbage and a passed away deer) in the yard I couldn't get to, then one moring I was watching out the window and I thought she was being harassed by my cats.No way, she had brought her two babies to the spot in the yard :shock: So I accept that maybe this year the crop I'm raising is youngins.

Beautiful here today, so I'll be out doing something in the yard.Maybe lay on my back and watch the sky...............
It's a Kind of Magic
Tigerice1

Postby Cheryl angel » 12 Jul 2009, 21:47

What is a fairy garden? Hi Marlita, all,

Our neighbour's garden is gorgeous. They put in a concrete foundation I forgot proper name of it, oh retaining wall but she put in a garden all through out it. Looks really beautiful. She's a terrific gardener.

I thought I was going to be a grandma there for a minute, just a scare. Thank god, they are too young and I can wait a bit. I'll look forward to it.
I don't want my grandbabies so far away in Louisiana though.

Love, Cheryl.
Cheryl angel

Postby Cheryl angel » 25 May 2010, 21:30

Hi Jan, Marlita,

Spring is finally here and on it's way but Summer in the midst. Well, my plants I planted two years ago are doing great, the sage and a purple plant, my day lily are still out there. The purple plant has grown tremendously. Maybe I'm better with outside plants. lol
How do all your gardents grow?
Hope you are all having a Great spring and warm weather is finally here.
Love, Cheryl.
Cheryl angel

Return to Marlita's Gardening Forum