Arabian Jasmine

Whether you have green fingers or brown thumbs, here's the place to talk about gardening and plants

Moderator: Jan

Arabian Jasmine

Postby Seraphina » 06 Nov 2015, 13:20

A few months ago I had to move, unfortunately my circumstances meant that for the time being I'm having to house share with close family, some time ago I started a post about indoor gardening which I really wanted to do, at that time I had my own home, minus a garden..... This time I'm sharing so I just have a room lol

I'm looking to grow, or have ready made, a flowering plant in a pot, with lots of fragrance, for in my room...
I've been looking online and came across Jasmine, which as well as a garden plant, can be grown indoors in a pot, the best one, the experts reckon, is Arabian jasmine, because it's easier to grow inside... I'm a novice at this, but it does look pretty and I want the fragrance, I don't have a lot of space either, just wondered if anyone has any insight into potted flowering indoor plants?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated lol :D

Seraphina :)
Last edited by Seraphina on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Re: Arabian Jasmine

Postby Jan » 12 Nov 2015, 18:01

Humph...not a lot of use here sadly. My outdoor night jasmine has surprised me by surviving my useless prunings....but I have never managed to get an indoor jasmine to grow. Mind you one technique I was told for a terminal indoor one very nearly- worked.....

It was a very small leaved variety, with a fabulous smell and I bought it at a garden centre.....unfortunately I did not find the tip till too late....but it was put the pot on a LARGE plant saucer filled with little pebbles or gravel and then keep that wet, but water very carefully from the top. Mine so nearly made it....but I think it was too warm. Maybe that will help?

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby Seraphina » 12 Nov 2015, 18:32

Yes Jan, I'm sure that will help, I really like the idea of a jasmine plant, I love the fragrance.... I suppose I could get some pot pourri lol, but I'd much rather have the fragrance of a plant, my next stop will be the garden centre and see what they've got!
Thanks Jan :D
Last edited by Seraphina on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
But take the step.
Seraphina

Postby Jan » 13 Nov 2015, 14:46

Happy hunting...and if you are anything like me in a garden centre just remember what you went in there to buy....I'm a terror for collecting all kinds of stuff I had not even thought of.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Return to Marlita's Gardening Forum