cats eye

Come and talk about the magical world of crystals, Kelle has a vast wealth of knowledge about working with crystals, as well as a remarkable gift for working out which stones will enjoy you most.

Moderators: Jan, kelle

cats eye

Postby starchaser1277 » 13 Feb 2013, 00:17

My friend gave me a "cats eyes" stone yesterday, she told me it would bring me strength, I've never heard of this stone. It is a chocolate color with a yellow ring that is almost iridescent I'm wondering if its a tiger's eye instead. Any thoughts?
Last edited by starchaser1277 on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Fate loves the fearless
starchaser1277

Re: cats eye

Postby zereld07 » 16 Feb 2013, 19:14

Hi Starchaser: I have alot of crystals but not Cat's Eye so here is what one of my books says about it:
Mythology and History:
From early times Cats Eye was believed to protect against the evil eye, to attract fabulous wealth and make wearer invisiable or take form of a cat. It was scared to the temple cats in Burma, who were believed to be reincarinated preists and in Eygpt the cat goddess Bast. Cat's Eye stones were turned into thumb rings by medieval archers to give the bowman acute vision, epecially at twilight.
Healing and environment: Cats Eye will increase your inner radiance and help you to love yourself. It can be used to aid vision, especially night vision and mental clarity. it increases the healing effect of other stones.
Use at work and home: The prosperity bringer, use Cats Eye at home or work to restore lost fortune or income or to find other sources of making money. It is a good stone for all those who work at night or travel after dark,
Psychic associations: Cats Eye is good when you want to lower your psychological or physical profile. Gaze into the stone and visualize yourself surrounded by shimmering light. It is also good for scrying and increasing your intuitive and clairvoyant powers.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by zereld07 on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
zereld07

Re: cats eye

Postby Jan » 19 Feb 2013, 19:41

If it's real then it's a form of chrysoberyl - but there are a lot of manufactured versions around. If its irridescence seems very uniform it's probably a synthetic.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Return to Kelle's Crystals Forum