Rinsing crystals

Come and talk about the magical world of crystals, Kelle has a vast wealth of knowledge about working with crystals, as well as a remarkable gift for working out which stones will enjoy you most.

Moderators: Jan, kelle

Rinsing crystals

Postby MandMaud » 16 Sep 2012, 21:28

Hi crystals peoples :)
A silly question perhaps, but which stones would NOT like being rinsed under running water?

I'm not at all used to crystals, and suddenly have 'got into' them. My intuition has rarely given me any 'feel' from a crystal though things like wood and the stones of old buildings speak to me - not audibly, you know what I mean. :) I went googling to buy some black tourmaline for a specific purpose after being advised by two or three people that I should use it - and ended up over-researching (always do! lol) and ended up with half a dozen (most as pendants).

I asked them/my inner self how they'd like to be cleansed before use, and passed them through incense smoke then left on the window sill - some for moonlight, some for sunlight. I hadn't thought of water until I read that. But some seem quite 'powdery' and it made me wonder if there are any that really shouldn't get wet.

I'll be back with one or two other questions no doubt, but this is enough to start with. Dipping my toe in the ... tap water you could say. ;)
mm
Last edited by MandMaud on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
MandMaud
"The bird is struggling out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever wants to be born must first destroy a world." Hermann Hesse
MandMaud

Re: Rinsing crystals

Postby Jan » 18 Sep 2012, 19:59

Pearls, opals, turquoise, angelite, moldavite, selenite off the top of my head but I'm sure there are more.

But when in doubt use the brown rice method.

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby MandMaud » 20 Sep 2012, 19:08

Jan wrote:Pearls, opals, turquoise, angelite, moldavite, selenite off the top of my head but I'm sure there are more.

But when in doubt use the brown rice method.

Loadsa love

These are the ones that *don't* like water? Do pearls stay dry within their oysters then?
or is it a tap water thing?
I don't think I'm going to risk rinsing any...
Last edited by MandMaud on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
MandMaud
"The bird is struggling out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever wants to be born must first destroy a world." Hermann Hesse
MandMaud

Postby Jan » 20 Sep 2012, 21:02

I think it's a drying them out thing as it goes...they take on stains very easily. I reckon largely they feel happy in their natural state in water but as soon as you start working and polishing them they dry out.

Kelle introduced me to the brown rice thing - that works incredibly well.....you just need a bowl of it - and every time she posts it she says "remember not to eat the rice". You just bury the crystal inside the rice and leave it there for a few days till when you fish it out it says "Happy now" to you.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby wishinglove » 21 Sep 2012, 17:47

Kelle also mentioned that you can reuse the brown rice for this method for as long as it feels OK to you before discarding and starting with a fresh bowl.

x w
Last edited by wishinglove on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
May all beings, without exception, be happy and free from suffering.
wishinglove

Postby MarjorieJane » 03 Oct 2012, 13:08

Hi!
I have not been on since this summer for various reasons...one of which is my dying computer, and I did have a question about a quartz crystal pendulum. I cleared it through smudging, but I noticed that the very tip of it has broken off. Will this affect it's usefulness as a pendulum?
I am fairly new to dowsing, so I experimented a bit (after centering and protection), I programmed the crystal pendulum, and held it over a few sets of cards that I use.....I DO use the Thoth deck as my main Tarot, and when I held the pendulum over these, it did not move, the pendulum also did not move over the "Healing with the Angels cards"...it did circle clockwise over three other sets of cards that I also use: Sacred Geometry, Language of LIght, and Atlantis Oracle.....hmmmmm????
Perhaps I need to cleanse these decks and ask again.
I do energy healing work mostly, but I DO love using the cards!
Love, Light and Blessings,
Marge
Last edited by MarjorieJane on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
MarjorieJane

Postby Jan » 03 Oct 2012, 14:15

Has the crystal been programmed since it chipped? And is it holding its programming properly? Sometimes a point can tolerate being chipped slightly without any ill effects....other times the crystal needs a fair bit of healing work if it is to repair.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Return to Kelle's Crystals Forum