Prehnite, Sulfar, Kyanite, and a Broken Labradorite

Come and talk about the magical world of crystals, Kelle has a vast wealth of knowledge about working with crystals, as well as a remarkable gift for working out which stones will enjoy you most.

Moderators: Jan, kelle

Prehnite, Sulfar, Kyanite, and a Broken Labradorite

Postby Aloraec » 28 Jun 2012, 19:47

I am having problems with 2 of my crystals, and have a question about another.

1: Prehnite - I have a large cluster of Prehnite that broke into 2 pieces. One of the pieces I keep on my alter (not touching any other crystals, however close to many), and the other piece I keep wrapped in black silk in a box. When I pulled them both out to clean them yesterday I noticed the one from my alter is changing colors on the tips. It is turning a light brown. The piece in the silk is still the perfectly pure light green color. I was able to remove the majority of the brown color with a soft paint brush and salt water (I know you aren't supposed to use water to clean Prehnite, but I thought it if dissolved the crystal, it would dissolved the brown areas)... which it did, but not perfectly. Can anyone tell me how to appropriately clean this coloration off, or what is causing it?

2. Kyanite - The same brown discoloration is occurring on my Kyanite. However, I had it on top of some soil in a terrainium, which I now know isn't a good idea. However, does anyone reccomend how to clean that discoloration off?

3. Sulfer - is it harmful to have it close to other crystals? I noticed it was turning a silver tray I had it sitting on, and it concerned me as to how it affected other materials.

4. Large Broken Labradorite heart - I purchased this piece at a crystal show a few years ago. The lighting was bad at the booth, and I didn't notice it was broken. It could be a fault line, but it looks as if it was broken and glued back together. I have cleansed it multiple times, but I feel as if it holds a painful energy, in that it is a broken heart. I have kept it safely put away all these years, but would like to get rid of it. Am I being overly sensitive to the symbolism behind it being a broken heart? How do you appropriately get rid of a crystal? I wouldn't want to pass a broken heart along to someone else. I have thought of burying it, or giving it to the ocean, however, I am unsure of those reprocussions as well. Any reccomendations?

Any help you can give me on these items are very appreciated~

Blessed Be!
Ali
Last edited by Aloraec on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Aloraec

Re: Prehnite, Sulfar, Kyanite, and a Broken Labradorite

Postby Aquarian » 02 Jul 2012, 19:37

dont have answers to all your questions.

I agree about the heart - I have had similar experiences and when it doesnt feel right to you - it is time to return it to the earth. I like the idea of sending it back to the ocean. The ocean is the great cleanser and will know how to deal with it. It may well then get washed up as a two crystals in the future - reformed.

Sulpher is toxic and needs to be carefully handled. should be kept wrapped. only use it when wearing gloves. So dont mix it with other crystals.

It sounds like you know why the others are discolouring - so I would make the appropriate changes to where they are stored.
Last edited by Aquarian on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aquarian

Postby kelle » 03 Jul 2012, 01:51

hello ali - nice to meet you

the prehnite... my gut instinct is humidity.

kyanite... they are delicate so lesson there ;-)

sulphur... some people do, however i don't tend to. something feels "not right" about it to me personally.

the labradorite... does sound as if it was an attempt at mending it. labradorite and moonstones have natural fault lines and if the cutter is not adept, this can happen yes. your inner voice is already leading your way here, love.

<3 kelle
Last edited by kelle on 03 Jul 2012, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
... Let the beauty we love be what we do ...
kelle

Postby Aloraec » 03 Jul 2012, 16:24

Thank you Aquarian and Kelle for you reply. This is my very first time posting to a forum, ever! It is great to have insight from others! My friends and family aren't spiritual at all, so I am typically left to google and my books, however, I think this forum will be a great resource to my life, and hopefully allow me to help others as well...

"It may well then get washed up as a two crystals in the future - reformed. " @Aquarian... I love this! To the ocean it goes!

It probably is the humidity that is causing the Prehnite to change... I live in FL, and often open my windows and doors, so humidity is very present.

The sulfar drew me to it because of the striking brightness of the yellow. At the time I didn't know what it was, but later identified it after purchase. I would agree though, even after cleansing and charging it, it seems to have a negative vibration, or at least a vibration that doesn't resonate with me. I believe I will pass this piece (with the appropriate warning) along to someone who is more in tune with its vibration. Until then it has been properly stored. Thank you!!

~Ali
Last edited by Aloraec on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aloraec

Postby kelle » 03 Jul 2012, 16:45

you're most welcome, ali. come again.
Last edited by kelle on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
... Let the beauty we love be what we do ...
kelle

Return to Kelle's Crystals Forum