Hematite

Come and talk about the magical world of crystals, Kelle has a vast wealth of knowledge about working with crystals, as well as a remarkable gift for working out which stones will enjoy you most.

Moderators: Jan, kelle

Re: Hematite

Postby zazzie » 14 Nov 2012, 16:36

I've heard that it's bad luck to wear opal if it's not your birthstone, too. I used to always give them as gifts to my mom when I was a kid and never noticed anything. She wears a lot of pearls too. Then again, she suffers horribly from migraine headaches. Connection? ;)

I love my mom's pearls. We would take them out and rub them around in our hands every once in a while. She always said that pearls need to be handled to keep them lustrous.

You know what I've found, though? Not connected to any stones above, but I can't seem to hold on to turquoise. Whenever I get a piece of jewelry with it, or a tumble stone, I always seem to lose it in dramatic fashion. Like I drop it, and then can't find it. Total bummer, too, because I love the color.

-Z
Last edited by zazzie on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
zazzie

Postby Jan » 14 Nov 2012, 21:51

I wonder why turquoise would run away from you? How very odd....

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby zazzie » 15 Nov 2012, 16:58

Yeah, I've been wondering these past couple of years why it is that I can't seem to keep anything with turquoise in it. So I bought a little tumble stone to see if that was still the case, and sure enough, the little guy has disappeared. Now granted, I'm not all that careful with my "stuff." Things disappear and then reappear all the time, but there's something about the turquoise that feels deliberate. Not bad, sort of playful. But frustrating. ;)
zazzie

Postby Jan » 15 Nov 2012, 22:10

I wonder if you're not buying it worked into the "right" thing? Have you ever had a dreamcatcher with turquoise run away?

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby zazzie » 15 Nov 2012, 22:30

Ah, so it needs to be a gift, then? Or found or something? Interesting.

I've never had a dream catcher. Maybe I should get one?

Also, maybe it's because I love the color so much and get overly possessive over it? Anything with blue in it makes me go ga-ga. Particularly iridescent blues, or deep, rich blues, or.... oh, well, I do love my blues.

xo
zazzie

Postby Jan » 16 Nov 2012, 19:59

It is said that the right dreamcatcher finds its way to you. I have one made by a friend of mind that is completely beautiful.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby Aquarian » 16 Nov 2012, 20:54

interesting about opals etc.

the opal found at the airport it makes you wonder who had the opal before you.

I have heard with inherited jewellery that you can inherit the karma/energy of the previous wearer. which I found interesting in my own family. so another way that history can keep repeating.

if you think of the likes of the Royal family with their inherited jewels it does make sense and the issues around the family relationships. I think of Princess Diana who had that lovely pearl necklace.
Last edited by Aquarian on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aquarian

Postby Jan » 16 Nov 2012, 21:05

This is completely true about objects like jewellery taking on elements of their owners. There's a particular type of magick where objects are deliberately charged to specific "intents" - like talismans for example. But objuects which are revered, cherished or held dear (or of course hated in some way) definitely do take on elements of attachment to the people who own them. Jewellery is a particular favourite because of a)the power inherent in the stones in the first place and b) the fact that these are worn on the skin by and large. This is a completely accidental effect but is used in a particular psychic technique called psychometry where objects are read for information about their owners.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby zazzie » 16 Nov 2012, 21:12

Aquarian, thank you for the hawk's eye and carnelian suggestions. For some reason, I did not see that post until now.
Have you had any new developments with the Kyanite?

Jan, would you recommend cleansing inherited jewelry?

Z
zazzie

Postby Aquarian » 17 Nov 2012, 16:24

Kyanite was I think a learning experience. I have returned to the earth for now(I know where it is though) Crystals are very powerful.

Turquoise can also be protective.

A friend of mine had that happen to her - I think it was tigers eye or hawk's eye that made a bid for freedom. it won.
not sure what she is using now. She has also had crystals taken from her at work(she leaves small ones on her computer)
Last edited by Aquarian on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aquarian

PreviousNext

Return to Kelle's Crystals Forum