Hematite

Come and talk about the magical world of crystals, Kelle has a vast wealth of knowledge about working with crystals, as well as a remarkable gift for working out which stones will enjoy you most.

Moderators: Jan, kelle

Hematite

Postby Indemnity » 17 Jan 2012, 22:39

So... I'm not all that big on rocks/gems, but I've a couple I find useful.

Hematite being one of them, I was curious if anyone else had any thoughts/experiences to share on the topic.

I have one interesting story...
A long time ago I got a fairly large piece of this stuff from a gift shop somewhere. I thought it was interesting at first.
But then, a lot of really weird stuff started happening when I had it, (or later just when it was around.)
I would lose the thing, and it would reappear a few days later, sitting on top of something.
People would start to feel sick, things would break, just had some weird vibes; which from what I read/know now, this is all rather out of character for Hematite...
At one point in time, said rock was thrown a good distance into someone else's yard. About a week later, I found it sitting on top of our piano. No one remembers putting it there, and I find it hard to comprehend how it made its way back. Then it started causing problems again...

Said rock is now at the bottom of a very large, unspecified body of water... and has been for some years.

But that incident aside, I actually like the stuff, for various reasons (also because it doesn't look girly :D)

Anyone else?
Last edited by Indemnity on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
Star-Souls serene, that gleam on life’s calm lake
Behold within, and not above, one Star in sight.
Indemnity

Re: Hematite

Postby Jan » 18 Jan 2012, 20:26

It's a cleanser.......;-)

And never imagine it will not come back and get you........very faithful....like a collie dog...

Loadsa love
Last edited by Jan on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth
Jan

Postby seedling » 18 Jan 2012, 23:08

Jan wrote:And never imagine it will not come back and get you........very faithful....like a collie dog...
:blink: :glare: Poor Indem,
unless it is cleansed enough by now.. being in the water that long :grin: !

Jan, howcome it can seem to be an 'evil rock' here then?
Last edited by seedling on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
hold your own.. know your name.. Go your own way..
seedling

Postby wishinglove » 19 Jan 2012, 15:36

You know this is very very strange. This morning while getting ready for work I was envisioning creating a post for the crystal forum today titled "Hematite." I kid you not.

Anyhow, I am now using several small pieces of it placed in a bowl at the corner of my desk at work. It happens to be sitting in front of a tray of amethyst....not sure if that matters or not?

In this case I am using it for protection. It's only been there about an hour....so I can comment yet on results.

Love,
wish xo
Last edited by wishinglove on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
May all beings, without exception, be happy and free from suffering.
wishinglove

Postby Indemnity » 19 Jan 2012, 19:12

Hey Wish.

I don't know about Amethyst, but Hematite is used with other things without issue (like I use Garnet). I did a quick skim through a book, and I don't see any issues.

It might also work for your EMF issue, since it's non-magnetic.
Actually, a live plant would probably work best for ya... like a small, leafy office tree or something. :D
Indemnity

Postby wishinglove » 19 Jan 2012, 20:12

So I have the hematite in a dish in front of a live plant and behind a tray of amethyst. I'm attempting to cover all bases here. Protection from EMF and from the emotionally volatile secretary. :D :grin:
Last edited by wishinglove on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
May all beings, without exception, be happy and free from suffering.
wishinglove

Postby Jan » 20 Jan 2012, 20:04

Lock and load.......

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Postby Aquarian » 21 Jan 2012, 09:40

This is my favourite grounding stone. I also think it acts like a shield protecting.
I have many tumblestones and have made a set of runes out of it.
I use it to protect my home - placing it around the periphery.

It has great strength. Connects to the warrior spirit.

Im not so sure that this is good in water - as the iron will leech from it. So as far as I know not to be cleansened under a running tap.

It clearly had something to say to you and yoru family. was everyone ok afterwards?

some crystals can store negative stuff if not properly cleansed from previous owners/ so when you bought it did it cause this problem?.
Last edited by Aquarian on 01 Jan 1970, 00:00, edited 0 times in total.
Aquarian

Postby Indemnity » 21 Jan 2012, 23:33

Hey Aquarian,

yeah, after I disposed of it everything went back to "normal", or at least normal for here. No issues of that sort.

As for when I got it, I was fairly young. They have large bins where you simply pick one out and pay for it, so I highly doubt any "cleansing" was done at all. At the time I knew nothing about this either. It was probably more of a mass-production then sell sort of thing. Probably still there.

And I agree with what you said, about the protection part. This is a bit why I thought this odd... the Hematite I have now, I don't think you could program it if you wanted to. It straight up refuses to do anything but repel outside energy. Best I can tell, this is it's natural state... so why something like that would be causing problems of the nature it did, and then stop when it was removed... baffles me.

I can think of a couple excuses... but really, the odds of that? Nah...
Indemnity

Postby Jan » 22 Jan 2012, 21:11

You can programme any crystal - but only within its own confines.

I'm guessing this particular rock was trying to rid itself of something it regarded as negative.

I had a chunk of malachite for a few months that caused all kinds of madness till I finally realised it just plain did not like me. Once I found a person who really enjoyed it all was fine once she gave it a home.

Loadsa love
Remember whence you came
Jan

Next

Return to Kelle's Crystals Forum