I'm Beginning a Journey

Come and talk about the magical world of crystals, Kelle has a vast wealth of knowledge about working with crystals, as well as a remarkable gift for working out which stones will enjoy you most.

Moderators: Jan, kelle

I'm Beginning a Journey

Postby WynterSong » 05 Sep 2010, 04:13

So, I've recently taken interest in crystal healing. Since I was really young I've had a VERY big interest in collecting rocks and crystals and putting them in several various boxes around my room or displaying them. I lived in an area with a lot of rose quartz and found several pices everywhre, and I've always felt drawn towards rose quartz and even moreso, amethyst (read my experiences on the amethyst thread if you want to know)

Well, I got a small group of crystal to start out with. Amethyst, Clear quartz, Bloodstone, Orange Carnelian, and Sodalite. I'd like to know if there are any "essentials" that I would really benefit from having. I would love to get a Moonstone and Howlite...

Oh! And a question... My boyfriend gave me a garnet necklace with garnet earrings. Isn't garnet supposed to amplify passion and love? So was this a very good gift choice since we're in a relationship?

Also, I'm very excited because I felt some strong vibrations from my amethyst for the first time. At first it was just a steady pulse, but then it turned into a stunning vibration that soothed me. I just wanted to share that. Thank you for reading!

Re: I'm Beginning a Journey

Postby wishinglove » 07 Sep 2010, 15:29

Hi Wynter,

I enjoyed reading about your experiences. It sounds like crystals have an affinity for you - as you do for them! Amethyst does seem to follow you. :D Sounds like you've got a very nice collection of crystals started. Best wishes in your healing work and studies!

May all beings, without exception, be happy and free from suffering.

Postby rainbowspirit » 08 Sep 2010, 10:12

Welcome aboard Wyntersong :wave:

It's a wonderful interest to develop and I'm sure you'll enjoy crystals for a long time to come.

In terms of 'essentials', I've found it's good to connect with the different types of crystals individually, and gain more knowledge of them when they are relevant to you. Many different ones have been essential to me at one time or other!

Best wishes :)

crystals are coping stones along life's path

Postby Jan » 08 Sep 2010, 13:19

I would probably add smoky quartz (because it's the best all-purpose cleanser and protector I have come across crystal-wise) and palis - but that's only because I cannot imagine life without my lapis ;-)

Loadsa love
Arise anew as a child of the dawn
Remember whence you came
Walk lightly, leaving whispers for footprints
And shine, refreshed in your rebirth

Postby WynterSong » 19 Sep 2010, 16:48

Thank you all for the kind welcome and suggestions! And I did manage to collect some smoky quartz from a walk I went on recently. :)

Return to Kelle's Crystals Forum